ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Grandparents' documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alex98uk
Chile

Grandparents' documents

Post by alex98uk » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello,

Obviously a few others threads about this. I just want to ensure I understand correctly.

Applying for first passport for child born early this year. Mother is Chilean, EEA2 BRP and I (father) am British and UK passport holder.

The online application requests grandparent's birth and marriage documents (from both maternal and paternal side).

I can get these docs from my Mum & Dad, but my wife would struggle to get hers as they are either lost, or they would take weeks/months to arrive.

As the father, can I just send my parents documents in? I assume the Government don't even need my wife's parents details as she's not a British passport holder.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Grandparents' documents

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Grandparents' documents

Post by bruteforce » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:32 pm

Just send them your passport or naturalisation certificate if asked and ignore the grand parents' birth certificates. That will have no affect on outcome.