ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have to present the physical referee paper

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

okigen68
Vietnam

Question about Naturalisation application

Post by okigen68 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi gurus,

I obtained ILR last year under the 5 year Tier 2 route. I'm now filling in the naturalisation form and have some questions below:

1) Do both referees have to know me for at least 3 years? Some websites suggest that, but the instruction on my online form only says that Referee 1 (the British) must know me for 3 years, and there is no such indication for Referee 2 (the professional).

2) Does NHS doctor count as professional for reference purpose?

3) I have to list all my previous UK immigration applications in the form. The problem is I no longer have the details of those applications (i.e. reference number and whether biometrics were taken), because they were done by my former employer who I have since left. I can still show the visa stamp and copies of previous BRPs. Will this be an issue?

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about Naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:50 pm

1. Yes, both must have known you for 3 years.

2. Doctors are not on the list but some have used them and not had an issue. If ho isn't happy, they will write to you and ask for another referee, causing a delay.

3. List the details you have. Biometrics are done for all visa and immigration applications. You can use a brp number as the reference. No requirement to submit proof.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

okigen68
Vietnam

Post by okigen68 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Thank you CR001 for the prompt reply.

I'm struggling to find someone of "professional standing" who has known me for 3 years. Few of my friends here are professional and those who are haven't known me for that long. Does that person need to live in the UK?

okigen68
Vietnam

Post by okigen68 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Bump. Does anyone have experience of using a referee who is not UK resident. Is it permissable?

Thanks,
Oki

okigen68
Vietnam

Do I have to present the physical referee paper

Post by okigen68 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi gurus,

I'm completing the application form and just have a few questions below:

1. One of my referees printed out the referee form, scanned and sent back to me via email because we could not meet each other physically (they reside in the UK, but are currently abroad due to their mother having health issue). With Covid 19 travel restrictions and their mother condition, they may not be able to come back soon.

Will HO accept a scanned copy or it must be a physically signed paper?

2. My second question is, the form requires me to list all the immigration application I've ever made. Does that include application forms for tourism purposes? (for example, Schengen visa). It would not cause me much trouble to be honest, but just wanted to make sure I'm filling in the form correctly.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I have to present the physical referee paper

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:41 pm

1. One of my referees printed out the referee form, scanned and sent back to me via email because we could not meet each other physically (they reside in the UK, but are currently abroad due to their mother having health issue). With Covid 19 travel restrictions and their mother condition, they may not be able to come back soon.

Will HO accept a scanned copy or it must be a physically signed paper?
They might, they might not. What will you do if HO ask you to send them the original document because they have a doubt??
2. My second question is, the form requires me to list all the immigration application I've ever made. Does that include application forms for tourism purposes? (for example, Schengen visa). It would not cause me much trouble to be honest, but just wanted to make sure I'm filling in the form correctly.
The question clearly asks for applications made to UKVI for the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

okigen68
Vietnam

Re: Do I have to present the physical referee paper

Post by okigen68 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Thank you so much CR001 for the prompt reply! I'll ask the referree to post the referee form over.