ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring Penalty charge Notices (PCN) in Naturalisation form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leo55
Mood:

Declaring Penalty charge Notices (PCN) in Naturalisation form

Post by leo55 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Dear Gurus,

I need clarification regarding declaring PCN’s in the Naturalisation application form.

I had 4 penalty charge notices from 2016 till to date.

1. Penalty charge Notice (PCN) in July 2016 for parking on single yellow line during restricted hours- Paid within 14 days. However, challenged to Council to waive off the penalty but rejected.

2. Bus Lane enforcement Charge Notice in Aug 2016 for being in a Bus Lane and paid within 14 days.

3. Penalty charge Notice (PCN) in Sep 2019 for not displaying a valid physical permit or voucher on Sunday as it was event day. Challenged to Council but rejected and then paid within 14 days of the service of the letter without appealing further or going to court.

4. Parking Charge Notice from Parking Eye in Dec 2019 for not purchasing the appropriate parking time. Challenged to Parking Eye Company but got rejected and then paid without appealing further.

Questions:

a) Do I need to declare all of these tickets in the application form?
b) Would there be any impact in my application for having two PCN’s in last 12 months?

Please note I had my ILR approved back in July 2019.

Looking forward for expert’s opinions?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Declaring Penalty charge Notices (PCN) in Naturalisation form

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:17 am

PCNs do not need to be declared and have no effect on your application unless you challenged them in court and lost.

FYI PCNs are issued by government bodies and failure to pay them is an offence. Private parking charges on the other hand are NOT PCNs and are NOT legally enforceable at all. They are like an invoice issued by a private business (parking company) demanding a charge.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice