ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

required documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

candoer
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by candoer » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 pm

I came in UK on Tier 2 visa, then i got ILR last year... now i m going to apply for Naturalization

my concern is, do i need to mention my tier 2 and ILR visa application details in response to this question or what should i add?

by the way, i visited UK long ago on visit visa but considering they are talking about immigration application that visa application details isn't required here.. please confirm my understanding as appropriate.

Thank you in advance.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:40 am

candoer wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 pm
I came in UK on Tier 2 visa, then i got ILR last year... now i m going to apply for Naturalization

my concern is, do i need to mention my tier 2 and ILR visa application details in response to this question or what should i add?

by the way, i visited UK long ago on visit visa but considering they are talking about immigration application that visa application details isn't required here.. please confirm my understanding as appropriate.

Thank you in advance.
List all the visa applications you have ever made to the UK.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

vinny

Re: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:11 am

Yes. The question is explicit. List all UK Immigration applications made from aboard and within the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

candoer
Newly Registered
Pakistan

required documents

Post by candoer » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:33 am

Hi

can anyone advise what documents i can upload in response to following

1. Proof of living in the UK for Mr xxxxxxx XXXXX for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if
applying as the spouse of a British Citizen

2. Mr xxxxxxx XXXXX proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: required documents

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:37 am

1. Passports, biometric and all stamped pages.

2. ILR BRP Card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

candoer
Newly Registered
Pakistan

apply for children

Post by candoer » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi

I have applied for Citizenship/Naturalization for myself, for which I am awaiting decision.

I have 2 kids and i was wondering, how would I apply for their Citizenship/Naturalization as when i login to my account, i dont see any such option. do i need to make new account and start new application? please advise, any link/pdf would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:24 pm

Do the children have ilr?

Are they born abroad or born in the UK?

What is the immigration status of the other parent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

candoer
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by candoer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:32 am

yes kids have ilr last year
kids were born in Pakistan
Parents also got ILR last year

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: apply for children

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:49 am

candoer wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Hi

I have applied for Citizenship/Naturalization for myself, for which I am awaiting decision.

I have 2 kids and i was wondering, how would I apply for their Citizenship/Naturalization as when i login to my account, i dont see any such option. do i need to make new account and start new application? please advise, any link/pdf would be appreciated.
You have to apply for them on form MN1. You cannot add them to your application now as you have already submitted. Create a new log in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

candoer
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UKVCAS APP ID

Post by candoer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi

I applied in August and due to that app, I was invited to download and apply through it. My Mrs and my kids applied now for Naturalization application and was hoping they could upload their documents this app but they couldn't, so just wondering if anybody knows whats their criteria to use this application? on what basis they allow certain users to use this app?

one thing I want to mention my kids are 8 and 9 yrs of age and we all had ILR last year and they had our fingerprints/biometerics last year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:23 pm

The IDV app is no longer available for use. Everyone has to attend UKCVAS now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

candoer
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by candoer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:23 pm
The IDV app is no longer available for use. Everyone has to attend UKCVAS now.
really, is there any notification about this app you can share? as when I spoke to home office customer care centre, they didn't say its any longer in use, they said, you might get an email from a home office it depends... so reason I posted a question here was to know if there are any criteria for that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39 pm

The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent. You are not talking to UKVI staff.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

candoer
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by candoer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39 pm
The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent. You are not talking to UKVI staff.
didn't mean to offend you or anything, can you please share reference for this? or why do you say that UKVI app is not applicable anymore? just wanted to be sure. please

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:41 pm

candoer wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:09 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:39 pm
didn't mean to offend you or anything, can you please share reference for this? or why do you say that UKVI app is not applicable anymore? just wanted to be sure. please
It was mentioned on the UKVCAS website a few days ago that they are returning to the normal operation mode and from then onwards IDV app will only be used for T4 applicants.