ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 1(3) application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

John

Section 1(3) application

Post by John » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi, can you help please. I have been asked to find out this. The facts are a child was born in the UK, in 2010, and at that time neither parent had British Citizenship nor settled status. Child now aged 10.

Now father has ILR, and sometime next year will apply for Naturalisation as British. He still lives in the UK.

Since 2015 the mother and the child have lived outside the UK, in an EU country.

It seems to me that the conditions of section 1(3) are met and the child is entitled to be registered as British. The query in my mind is about providing biometric information. Can that be done at a British Embassy or Consulate in the EU country where the mother and child now live? Or will they need to travel to the UK to provide the biometric information?

Thoughts?
John

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Section 1(3) application

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:57 pm

Biometrics can be done abroad. I believe there is a question in the form on whether the applicant is in the UK or abroad
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Section 1(3) application

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:43 pm

It is the first question.

Are you in UK?

Answer: NO

and then proceed...
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.