ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizenship referral letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nislam
Newly Registered

UK Citizenship referral letter

Post by nislam » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:27 pm

I was hoping if someone can guide me please. I am applying for the UK naturalisation via online. One of application requirements is to provide referee details of either Doctor, Teacher, social worker..etc of children under 18 years. I have contacted schools for children and even Doctor (GP) but nobody is comfortable sharing the details such as home address, mobile number..etc. Medical clinic where children are registered confirming that this is not as per their policy to provide such reference letter. I am not sure what further action I take. There are two references required in the online application. One referee for child under 18 years is as above. I am not sure what action do I take and any guidance will be much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UK Citizenship referral letter

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:41 pm

Add a cover letter and explain. Arrange as below.
For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted to do so, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult applications.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Many thanks. But the problem is that they are not even replying via email or in writing. It is all over telephonic conversation.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:14 pm

Write them official letter for the referral and explain to them that if they are not able to do it they should tell you in their response to you with the reason, that should be ok.

I faced the same challenge, some were willing to do it while others were not feeling safe but at the end they did it.
Bizman

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:27 pm

nislam wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:27 pm
I was hoping if someone can guide me please. I am applying for the UK naturalisation via online. One of application requirements is to provide referee details of either Doctor, Teacher, social worker..etc of children under 18 years. I have contacted schools for children and even Doctor (GP) but nobody is comfortable sharing the details such as home address, mobile number..etc. Medical clinic where children are registered confirming that this is not as per their policy to provide such reference letter. I am not sure what further action I take. There are two references required in the online application. One referee for child under 18 years is as above. I am not sure what action do I take and any guidance will be much appreciated.
Was the child born in UK? If yes, then you can get a reference of any British Citizen, it doesn't have to be a professional. The child born in the UK is entitled to British Citizenship (if qualified otherwise) and they won't just refuse the application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 pm

nislam wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Many thanks. But the problem is that they are not even replying via email or in writing. It is all over telephonic conversation.
Just explain the situation in the cover letter. HO will believe at face value. HO is not strict when it comes to referees for young children. Also, given corona, you can not be chasing GP’s and health visitors for reference anyways. Just explain, arrange other referee as stated above. You will be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:19 am

Many thanks to all of your feedback.

Please can I also check one more point. The online application first question is whether the applicant is in the UK or not. Would it have any adverse impact if I submit my application outside the UK as I am travelling to home country? I just want to save time as application is all complete but my daughter is giving life in the UK test same day when I travel. If she passes the test I just need to update the application and submit after paying fees. I may not return back to the UK before one month.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:48 pm

The requirement is that you are in the UK on the 1st day of five years and the day of application. This means if for example you submit your application today 9/12/2020, you must be in UK today and the 09/12/2015. If you submit from outside the country, it will be refused. That’s the legal requirement. However you can travel a day after your submission if you want.
Bizman

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:31 pm

nislam wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:19 am
Many thanks to all of your feedback.

Please can I also check one more point. The online application first question is whether the applicant is in the UK or not. Would it have any adverse impact if I submit my application outside the UK as I am travelling to home country? I just want to save time as application is all complete but my daughter is giving life in the UK test same day when I travel. If she passes the test I just need to update the application and submit after paying fees. I may not return back to the UK before one month.
You must be in UK when you submit your application. You can travel after submitting but note you have to submit biometrics within 2 months. The deadline will be mentioned on your UKVI account after you pay and submit.
You can still submit your application without your daughter’s LIUK reference number (just tick yes to LIUK and proceed). Due to corona you will not be penalised. You can add a cover letter and submit your daughter’s LIUK reference along with other documents BEFORE biometrics. This will save you the headache to submit before you travel (if you can not change the dates obviously).

Also, just a suggestion for LIUK. Google “life in uk test web.” There will be 16 EXAMS (do EXAMS not tests). Ask your daughter to do those thoroughly. She will pass the test easily.

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Many thanks Cullinan for your feedback and much appreciated. I was worried that the date of passing certificate for the Life in the UK would be after the online application date and it could be raised as an objection.

On another earlier note, I again tried to contact school and Doctor. The issue is that they are unwilling to put anything in writing for a reference letter so not sure what evidence I can provide to home office other than my emails. I had provided online application to school to fill in the details for a first reference. School is suggesting that I take out a printout of the application and fill in the forms by hand and leave that reference section blank. I have to submit online application so not sure how this will help and quite confusing. School contact was suggesting that home office can contact them directly for any confirmation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:25 pm

How old is the child?

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:52 pm

6 years old

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 pm
nislam wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Just explain the situation in the cover letter. HO will believe at face value. HO is not strict when it comes to referees for young children. Also, given corona, you can not be chasing school’s, GP’s and health visitors for reference anyways. Just explain, arrange other referee as stated above. You will be okay.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:16 pm

I think so too. Explain your effort in a cover letter and I believe you should be ok. Just use the referees for the adults for the children as well.
Bizman

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:44 am

Please can I check with regards to a referee of an adult.

I have a friend who is a qualified chartered accountant and registered with Institute of chartered accountant of England a Wales (ICAEW). However he has been providing auditing services and not an accountant services. Is it okay to give his reference details and would be acceptable as one the acceptable professional category?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:54 am

Yes

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:06 am

Many thanks

Also would it be acceptable if my daughter's life in the UK test pass date is post the date of online application date? Although this will not be factually correct and I would not prefer this. Is there any ground to defend this case? The reason for accelerating the application process is that I have to travel and secondly if I delay my travel say for two to three weeks then it will coincide with the 5 years back date when family were outside the UK from the application date. Kindly guide.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:12 am

Given corona, it will not be an issue. As long your daughter produces LIUK reference before biometrics i.e. before a decision is made eventually, she will be okay. Some people just do not submit LIUK at all (some just forget to even take it - I know some refugees personally). CW’s usually request them to send it then. As long a LIUK reference is there before a decision is made, I do not see any issues.

You can add a cover letter and submit along with the documents before biometrics. Mention due to corona, the availability for LIUK tests is low so your daughter was unable to take it previously. Mention, she will provide it before biometrics. It will be okay.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:22 am

Is your daughter flying with you also? What time is your daughter’s LIUK test? What time is the flight?

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:01 am

My flight is on coming Sunday subject to clearance of covid. Daughter is not flying.We have to book the test date.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 am

nislam wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:01 am
My flight is on coming Sunday subject to clearance of covid. Daughter is not flying.We have to book the test date.
I just want to save time as application is all complete but my daughter is giving life in the UK test same day when I travel.
I thought in that case you can just submit the application before you fly on the same day after 12AM. Just a suggestion based on what you previously said.

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Apologise at the outset as I keep raising this point of the life in the UK test for my daughter which has not cleared on the date of application. In the online application should I select option "No" to the question "Have you passed the life in the UK test"? I will then write a letter stating that due to Covid reason the appointment date is taking long time but before the appointment of Biometrics the certificate letter indicating the unique reference number will be confirmed. All such correspondence will be via loading the documents in the path or folder to be confirmed post submitting the application. I may be overcomplicating this point but thought to reconfirm again please.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Select “yes” and put a generic number “0000” to override the question. Add a cover letter with an explanation and provide LIUK reference details later on before biometrics.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:26 pm

I require guidance on the following to upload the documents for the UK naturalisation/Citizenship.

1. What requires as a proof of parent responsibility? Would the birth certificate and the marriage certificate of parents be sufficient?
2. A letter of consent require from child's parents. Is there a standard wording to follow and it is to be addressed to UK Visa and immigration? Any details will be appreciated.
3. Proof of living in the UK. What is to be uploaded here?
4. Proof of freedom from immigration time restriction. What is in scope for this section?
5. Finally is there any guidance under which sections documents to be uploaded as I could not quite follow. For eg proof of parent responsibility, letter of consent from parents, proof of living, proof of freedom, Life in the UK test, English test, passport details (whether front or all where we can proof travel history)..etc
6. There is a section on Education. Do we have to upload documents as it was not required when we applied for the ILR?

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:30 pm

1) Child’s UK birth certificate showing parent(s) name.

2)
Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:
3) Passport stamps covering the qualifying period. Residence does not apply to children.

4) ILR BRP

5) indefinite-leave-to-remain/uploading-yo ... 96002.html

6) Categories are generic. Not necessarily all applies to you. See (5). Children do not need any LIUK or English Requirements.