ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character requirement- declaring criminal convictions/cautions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Darius85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Good character requirement- declaring criminal convictions/cautions

Post by Darius85 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:28 pm

Applied for naturalisation back in October & just received a successful decision 8) despite disclosing a simple caution for theft (happened more than 10 years ago). Thought I’d share as generally there’s a lack of positive stories & the good character requirement is certainly a worry to anyone with a criminal record. From what I’ve managed to find out doing my own research it’s that as long as you wait a certain period of time & you are not a consistent offender then HO is likely to approve an application for naturalisation. More about sentence based thresholds on page 11: Sentence based thresholds on page 11 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Amber
Mood:

Re: Good character requirement- declaring criminal convictions/cautions

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:12 pm

As the caution was more than 10 years ago I’d have expected a successful decision unless the caution was for an offence which was aggravating in the eyes of the HO. However, it’s nice for you to let others know and reassure people that the HO is following their guidance. So thank you.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sakichichi
Mood:

Re: Good character requirement- declaring criminal convictions/cautions

Post by sakichichi » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:40 am

Congratulation!!

May I ask, is there any supporting document you gave to the home office?