ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renunciation of second citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Renunciation of second citizenship

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:28 am

Hi Guys,

I hope you all doing well.

This is an enquiry on behalf of my friend: she has a dual citizenship but wants to renounce her other citizenship. This will make her a British citizen only.

Once its done, does she need to let HO and Passport Office know she no longer has dual citizenship? If yes, how can she do that? Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Renunciation of second citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:39 am

Friend won't need to advise anyone - dual citizenship isn't actually a status in law, and the UK allows dual/multiple citizenship.
Unless she has used the foreign passport perhaps in any legal arrangements but even then it shouldn't make a difference.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Renunciation of second citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:44 am

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.