ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to abroad tier 4

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mcr2013

Travel to abroad tier 4

Post by mcr2013 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:11 pm

Hello i have ILR since 6 months that means i m due to submit my citizen application in 6 months. I need to travel abroad on holidays for a month or so to visit my home country but problem is the area i live in is under TIer 4 restrictions that means no abriad travel unless exceptional circumstances but i check flights going from airport so my question is if i make travel frim tier 4 restrictions part to abroad will it make effect on my citizen application?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Travel to abroad tier 4

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:21 pm

mcr2013 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:11 pm
Hello i have ILR since 6 months that means i m due to submit my citizen application in 6 months. I need to travel abroad on holidays for a month or so to visit my home country but problem is the area i live in is under TIer 4 restrictions that means no abriad travel unless exceptional circumstances but i check flights going from airport so my question is if i make travel frim tier 4 restrictions part to abroad will it make effect on my citizen application?
If things go wrong and you are fined, you will get a FPN. FPN alone is not a criminal conviction though. But if a FPN ends up in court, it can lead to a criminal conviction. I am not sure how stringent airport checks are. It is up to you if you want to take the risk. Best thing will be to follow the law.

You will also have to declare this trip in your AN application and provide a reason for it when you apply for AN in due course.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mcr2013

Post by mcr2013 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:35 am

but flights going normal from airport it means police or airport security not asking anything. my question is if i mention this in citizenship application will they HOME OFFICE make issue of this trip coz it has been made in TIER 4 RESTRICTIONS

UnluckyOne
BANNED
East Timor

Post by UnluckyOne » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:51 am

Just to give you an insight... I got find twice at the airport. Once leaving (it was just before boarding) and then when I arrived. Second time it was double amount. I might challenge the second fine at court. The officer said it's irrelevant that it's the same trip.

The police officer asked everybody to show proof of the purpose of their flight. The airlines are flying because it's still cheaper for them to operate than pay out for flights cancelled at short notice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:57 am

Also note, if FPN is taken to court i.e. you challenge and loose the case, it will result in a criminal conviction if fine is imposed by the court. This will mean that your AN application maybe refused for next 3 years from date of conviction.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

UnluckyOne
BANNED
East Timor

Post by UnluckyOne » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:21 am

I'm already approved so it doesn't matter if I lose the case. But I won't lose it. But the OP should be mindful that they really do checks and they were really there by all of the boarding gates. And the same on return. Let my PCNs speak for themselves, the chances of getting caught both outbound and inbound are quite realistic.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:20 pm

UnluckyOne wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:21 am
I'm already approved so it doesn't matter if I lose the case. But I won't lose it. But the OP should be mindful that they really do checks and they were really there by all of the boarding gates. And the same on return. Let my PCNs speak for themselves, the chances of getting caught both outbound and inbound are quite realistic.
You only become British when you attend the ceremony. Approval alone is immaterial. If your circumstances change legally you have to notify HO. A criminal conviction can result in refusal for 3 years OR if you are caught for deception- a ban of 10 years. Even it HO knows about deception later in the course, your BC can be revoked.

UnluckyOne
BANNED
East Timor

Post by UnluckyOne » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:20 pm
UnluckyOne wrote:
You only become British when you attend the ceremony. Approval alone is immaterial. If your circumstances change legally you have to notify HO. A criminal conviction can result in refusal for 3 years OR if you are caught for deception- a ban of 10 years. Even it HO knows about deception later in the course, your BC can be revoked.
Yes, I'm clear about that. But with all this massive backlog the HO are trying to clear I don't think they have capacity to do PNC checks before posting the certificate to the council.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:12 pm

UnluckyOne wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:20 pm
UnluckyOne wrote:
Yes, I'm clear about that. But with all this massive backlog the HO are trying to clear I don't think they have capacity to do PNC checks before posting the certificate to the council.
Even later on if deception is flagged or criminal conviction comes to HO’s knowledge, your British Citizenship can be revoked with potential ban, even if you have attended your ceremony. Better to stick with the Nationality laws and abide by them.

mcr2013

Re: Travel to abroad from tier 4

Post by mcr2013 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:59 pm

guys thanks so much for your advise and sharing your experience but could you plz also comment on my further 2 questions
1 is it ok to travel abroad from TIER3 LOCKDOWN ?
2 Is it ok to travel from TIER 4 while using airport of liverpool which is currently in T3 or any other airport which comes under restrictions of T1 n T2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Travel to abroad from tier 4

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:01 pm

mcr2013 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:59 pm
guys thanks so much for your advise and sharing your experience but could you plz also comment on my further 2 questions
1 is it ok to travel abroad from TIER3 LOCKDOWN ?
2 Is it ok to travel from TIER 4 while using airport of liverpool which is currently in T3 or any other airport which comes under restrictions of T1 n T2
Follow the gov guidance on travel, this is an immigration website.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advi ... oronavirus