ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for first British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Mawi88
United Kingdom

Documents required for first British Passport

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I have recently got my citizenship approved via ILR (via T2 route). I am now going to apply for my first British passport. Having said that, i am wondering about what documents will be required for the passport application ? Do they require a brith certificate?

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Mawi

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Documents required for first British Passport

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:51 pm

Have you attended your ceremony?

You will need to send original Naturalisation certificate and any uncanceled original home country’s passport.

Also you need someone to confirm your identity online and your digital passport photo.

Birth Certificate is not needed in your case.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-passport

Apply online is recommended:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... ply-online
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mawi88
United Kingdom

Post by Mawi88 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:58 pm

Thank you for your swift response.

I will be attending the ceremony next week in person where i will be given the certificate

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:12 am

Mawi88 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:58 pm
Thank you for your swift response.

I will be attending the ceremony next week in person where i will be given the certificate
As understood, you can only apply after the ceremony and once you will have the certificate in hand.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Franc77esco
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Franc77esco » Sat May 01, 2021 9:47 am

Hi Cullinan

Just a question. Do you know if there is a way to avoid to send the original passport, for the application of the British passport after naturalisation? for instance using the check service at the chelsea town.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:52 am

Franc77esco wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:47 am
Hi Cullinan

Just a question. Do you know if there is a way to avoid to send the original passport, for the application of the British passport after naturalisation? for instance using the check service at the chelsea town.
You are required to send original passports. Check and send at the post office only checks the form.

Also, please do not tag your questions onto other members topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.