ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dea guy

Child Citizenship

Post by Dea guy » Fri May 14, 2021 12:07 am

Dear Seniors,

Hope you are all well.

I have question about my child citizenship. He has spent 6 Months and few days out of UK. He is near to Six Years. Can he apply citizenship or he has to complete 9 months in UK (120 days out of UK) period?
One more i am going to apply my citizenship as well in June 2021. There is one question about employment history record. I did two jobs but do not know the start and end date. Does it matter to give accurate dates?

Thanks.

vinny

Re: Child Citizenship

Post by vinny » Fri May 14, 2021 12:23 am

If child was born in the UK then child is entitled to register immediately after a parent is granted ILR.

If child was born outside the UK, then child may register with a parent’s naturalisation application provided the parent’s application succeeds and the other parent also has ILR.

There’s no requirement for child to wait.

Approximate employment dates should be okay. Tell them that they are approximates.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dea guy

Post by Dea guy » Fri May 14, 2021 5:50 am

vinny wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:23 am
If child was born in the UK then child is entitled to register immediately after a parent is granted ILR.

If child was born outside the UK, then child may register with a parent’s naturalisation application provided the parent’s application succeeds and the other parent also has ILR.

There’s no requirement for child to wait.

Approximate employment dates should be okay. Tell them that they are approximates.
Me and my wife have ILR. So shall i apply his naturalisation? He was born out of UK and he was out of UK approximately 2 years in last 5 Years. Is he still ok without any requirements?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 14, 2021 6:24 am

They also expect child to have ILR. If child also has ILR, then I think you may include his registration in your naturalisation application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.