ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Referee - manager

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krystianr
Newly Registered

Naturalization Referee - manager

Post by krystianr » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi,

I wonder if my boss (who has 'Manager' in his job title) could be my referee. We both work for a huge company. But he is not a company's manager but a team manager (one of many here).
The government's guide says: "director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT registered company". Does it matter what kind of manager he is?

I know the question may sound silly, but want to be sure and avoid wasting £1330 :-)

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization Referee - manager

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:41 pm

Is your Manager professionally qualified and a member of the relevant trade body?
UKVI would let you know if they need a different referee - it's not a reason to be refused.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

krystianr
Newly Registered

Post by krystianr » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi,
He graduated from university. I don’t know if he’s a member of any society

I didn’t know that I may change a referee after submitting the application. That’s a relief.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:25 pm

A manager of a limited company is acceptable. See - https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.