ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation & community disposal order

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Harveylitt
Newly Registered

Naturalisation & community disposal order

Post by Harveylitt » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:26 am

Hello , I need some advice. I am supposed to apply for my naturalisation December this year. However I was stopped yesterday and given a community disposal order for having cannabis in my possession. Is this an official police caution ? Can I still apply for my naturalisation or will I have to wait three years again to apply. Thanks

HCJNL

Re: Naturalisation & community disposal order

Post by HCJNL » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:18 pm

You must declare it.
See notes here for how they handle it. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
"A community resolution is used for less serious offences or anti-social behaviour. It is a tool which enables the police to make decisions about how to deal more proportionately with lower level crime and is primarily aimed at first time offenders where genuine remorse has been expressed and where the victim has agreed that they do not want the police to take more formal action.
In establishing whether the good character requirement is met, you must consider the seriousness of the offence and whether it was a first-time offence."

Only you can decide whether to apply now, and risk losing your fee, or wait 3 years.

Harveylitt
Newly Registered

Post by Harveylitt » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Thanks for the reply

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:22 pm

You will need to inform the Home Office and potentially challenge the decision if refused.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Harveylitt
Newly Registered

Post by Harveylitt » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 pm

Alright that makes sense , thanks for the reply