ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New British passport last page

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cure123

New British passport last page

Post by Cure123 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:00 pm

Hi All,

I have received my passport today and I have noticed I have what look like a left of page at the end of the passport, the while section in the picture attached. Do all the new passport has the same thing?Image
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-06-09-17-00-03-83.jpg
Screenshot_2021-06-09-17-00-03-83.jpg (872.68 KiB) Viewed 1825 times

HCJNL

Re: New British passport last page

Post by HCJNL » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:53 pm

I have it in my passport too. It is not mentioned in this Home Office document describing basic passport checks. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _02.20.pdf

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:33 pm

Out of curiosity I checked my German passport (issued 02/2020) and it's got the same strip - seems like standard.
My British passport (12/2016) doesn't have this, so the binding must have change a bit, maybe an additional security feature - if that thin strip is missing perhaps someone tampered with the passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Cure123 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:00 pm
Hi All,

I have received my passport today and I have noticed I have what look like a left of page at the end of the passport, the while section in the picture attached. Do all the new passport has the same thing?Image
It is not a left off page. It is the extension coming down securing the first page which is like a plastic card having your picture on!
Mine is same issued Feb 2021.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cure123

Post by Cure123 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:24 am

Many thanks all for your help and responses. This forum has been very helpful over the years.

dexmo

Post by dexmo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:27 pm
Cure123 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:00 pm
Hi All,

It is not a left off page. It is the extension coming down securing the first page which is like a plastic card having your picture on!
Mine is same issued Feb 2021.
CULLINAN is right. This is what's called a passport hinge - passport booklets are like any other booklets, paper pages and a cover sewn/bound together. When you use a plastic data page, which is a very specific hard-wearing type of plastic used in many passports around the world, sewing that into the booklet is an issue as you can't just sew that plastic page into the booklet. There are different types of hinges different countries use/companies make to solve the issue but they all basically do the same - use flexible material, stick that into your plastic page when you make it in a way that that page cannot be replaced or tampered with, stick that into the booklet and then sew it together. You end up with a small part of the hinge sticking out the other end of the booklet, there's no way around it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:54 am

Thank you for the insight @dexmo.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.