ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for my kids Naturalisation since march

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cruze24
Mood:

Waiting for my kids Naturalisation since march

Post by cruze24 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:14 am

Please do I have anything to worry about as it’s been 4 month we submitted for there naturalisation and have biometric done April since nothing from HO . Will I first received mail for the successful of the application or I’ll just received there naturalisation certificate at home . Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Waiting for my kids Naturalisation since march

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:22 am

Have a look at MN1 Child Registration timelines: british-citizenship/mn1-registration-ap ... l#p2019808
I guess you are still within normal time - you should get a letter (or email?) advising outcome and the certificate by separate mail.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Mrsdoc
inactive

Post by Mrsdoc » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:25 am

According to the HO application’s confirmations :
“ It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.”
So, it’s pretty normal timing and there’s no need to worry about it. Here’s another excerpt from one of the immigration firms :
“ How long will it take for my child to become registered as a British National?
Application processing times vary widely depending on the time of year. As an average estimate, you can expect your child’s MN1 application to take between 2-4 months. If it has taken longer this is not an indication of the outcome, but more to do with staffing issues. If the application has taken over 6 months you can contact the Home Office to inquire about the status of the application.”

I have also been waiting since February for my own application outcome and yet to hear from HO…

cruze24
Mood:

Post by cruze24 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:36 am

Thanks a lot for the answers but I use a solicitor for this application and she is sick at the moment last time we speak on phone . Will the certificate sent to her office or my house just want to clarify as it’s for my 2 kids . Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:04 pm

I understand that if you applied using a lawyer any correspondence normally goes to their address - best to check with them in case it's already arrived.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

cruze24
Mood:

Post by cruze24 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Thanks a lot for the prompt response