ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK before parents had ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HappyKhanna
Newly Registered
India

Child born in UK before parents had ILR

Post by HappyKhanna » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:13 am

Hello,

Myself and my wife are Indians. Child was born in UK. At the time of his birth, we did not had ILR. Now, we have the ILR.

Child has only one document and that is his birth certificate. He neither have Indian Passport nor Tier 2 dependant visa as he is just born a few months ago.

Now, we wish to apply for Child British citizenship. So, my questions are

1. To apply for child's British citizenship, do we need his Indian Passport passport and Tier 2 visa too?

2. Can we apply for child's British citizenship without passport and visa.

Thank you

Regards
Happy
Last edited by HappyKhanna on Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in UK to Indian parents before ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:17 am

1. No and no.

2. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HappyKhanna
Newly Registered
India

Re: Child born in UK to Indian parents before ILR

Post by HappyKhanna » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:17 am
1. No and no.

2. Yes.
Thank you for the reply.

Sorry, I have two more questions

3. The 'British citizen online application' asks for child's nationality. So, do we need to register child's birth to High commission of India to prove that his nationality is India?

4. In the online application, I have ticked the option that child does not have Indian passport and for the reason, I have ticked the option "he has never had a passport (for example, because he was born in the UK)". After that, the application asks the following:
"Explain why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification.
Proof of identity is usually required to make a valid application. You cannot use a national identity card to prove your identity for this application."
A blank box is provided to explain the reason.
This question is asked under nationality.

Can you please help?

Thank you

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Child born in UK before parents had ILR

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:14 pm

1. Note that if u r Indian so ur child at the time of birth consider as Indian National.

2. There is no need if you haven't his ID or Passport. Submit the birth certificate.

3. Once u submit the application you need to print refree form where you will have option to put your child photo and the refree will verify him.

Hope this will help you.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:16 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:14 pm
1. Note that if u r Indian so ur child at the time of birth consider as Indian National.
Not necessarily. Children born to an Indian citizen outside India need to be registered as Indian citizens with the Indian diplomatic authorities. Such a child is not automatically Indian.
HappyKhanna wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:07 pm
3. The 'British citizen online application' asks for child's nationality. So, do we need to register child's birth to High commission of India to prove that his nationality is India?
If you have not registered the child as an Indian citizen, list their nationality as "stateless".
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

HappyKhanna
Newly Registered
India

Post by HappyKhanna » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:30 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:16 pm
hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:14 pm
Not necessarily. Children born to an Indian citizen outside India need to be registered as Indian citizens with the Indian diplomatic authorities. Such a child is not automatically Indian.
HappyKhanna wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:07 pm
If you have not registered the child as an Indian citizen, list their nationality as "stateless".
Thank you. Sorry, one more question :)
5. In online application, there is a category called "Officially Stateless". So, I will opt that. Do we need to submit any document to prove that the child is "Officially Stateless"? We do not have any document which say so.