ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about the naturalization certificate after the virtual naturalization ceremony?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iceman809
Taiwan

Questions about the naturalization certificate after the virtual naturalization ceremony?

Post by iceman809 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:40 pm

I have two questions:
1#. I saw GOV’s official website stating "If you attend a virtual ceremony, you'll be sent a copy of the certificate afterwards." Can it be understood that it will be receive after participating in the virtual naturalization ceremony to my Email with the copy of the naturalization certificate, the original will be Mailed to my address afterwards?
2#. My child applied with me is 10 years old and she does not participate in the naturalization ceremony. Will her naturalization certificate be sent to my address with mine?

iceman809
Taiwan

Re: Questions about the naturalization certificate after the virtual naturalization ceremony?

Post by iceman809 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:47 pm

iceman809 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:40 pm
I have two questions:
1#. I saw GOV’s official website stating "If you attend a virtual ceremony, you'll be sent a copy of the certificate afterwards." Can it be understood that it will be receive after participating in the virtual naturalization ceremony to my Email with the copy of the naturalization certificate, the original will be Mailed to my address afterwards?
2#. My child applied with me is 10 years old and she does not participate in the naturalization ceremony. Will her naturalization certificate be sent to my address with mine?
Attachments
截屏2021-07-20 00.44.02.png
截屏2021-07-20 00.44.02.png (130.1 KiB) Viewed 639 times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions about the naturalization certificate after the virtual naturalization ceremony?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:23 am

You don't get the certificate on email!!

It is posted to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:48 am

The naturalisation certificate is printed by the Home Office on watermarked paper and so is not emailed to you. Because it makes it difficult to verify it later on, it is best not to laminate it.

And keep in mind that that will be the only proof that you will have of your British citizenship (there is no central database of British citizens), which you and your children may have to prove in the future. So keep it safe.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

HCJNL

Post by HCJNL » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:58 am

Your child will receive a registration certificate. The date of the certificate is the date your child became a British citizen. You will receive a naturalisation certificate. You became a British citizen on the date of the ceremony.