ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode to Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MACY
Pakistan

Right of Abode to Passport

Post by MACY » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:44 am

Hello everyone

My Son has Right of Abode vignette on his Passport. I want to apply his British passport. Can someone please tell me how i can apply and what documents do i need and what is the waiting time? Will highly appreciate your help. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Right of Abode to Passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:31 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajeshgn
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshgn » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi Macy,

I'm in the same situation as yours. My daughter is eligible for British passport as me and my wife were on ILR at the time of her birth. But we opted to take Indian passport for her and applied for Right of Abode at that time. Now her Indian passport is due for renewal and again need to apply for Right of Abode renewal.
But I'm thinking to apply for British passport for her to avoid any further hassle of renewing passport and also RoA.

Could you please advise if I can apply directly British passport even though RoA is already taken? There is a huge difference in fee between applying for british passport directly or going through naturalization (RoA to Passport)?

Apprciate prompt response from anyone.

Thanks a lot in advance,
rajeshgn

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:54 pm

Yes. A British citizen, without a CoE-RoA, may apply for a British passport. If the applicant has a CoE-RoA, then they may cancel it when they issue the British passport.

The required documents will be similar to that of a CoE-RoA.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.