ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raththam

British Citizenship - Query

Post by raththam » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:37 am

Hi All,

Could some one kindly explain the steps to apply for naturalization / citizenship and obtaining the British Passport?.

Which is the route i need to fill the online application form and waiting times to get a decision on the application form. ( any web URL of the online application form )

Are there any super priority service also available on this .. I doubt that.

How soon i can apply for naturalization from the date i obtained ILR ( 12 months completion or 28 days before 12 months competition ? )

If possible outline the OCI card for Indian Origin British Passport holders.

I have recently received my ILR in the Long Residence Route ( SET - LR) after completing 10 years living in UK.

Thank you for your help on this.

This forum has been always of great help to common man. Very much appreciated.

If there are any other item in this forum explain the same please point out that as well. thanks.

If this question has to move to any other relevant place kindly do so moderator/ admin. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship - Query

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:54 am

I have recently received my ILR in the Long Residence Route ( SET - LR) after completing 10 years living in UK.
You cannot apply for citizenship yet. You must hold ILR for 12 months first.
Could some one kindly explain the steps to apply for naturalization / citizenship and obtaining the British Passport?.
1. Apply online.
2. Book UKCVAS appointment and upload documents.
3. Attend appointment.
4. Wait to hear back from HO, it can take up to 6 months, sometimes longer.
5. Once you receive approval letter, you book your ceremony.
6. Attend the ceremony. You are only British once you have attended your ceremony.
7. Once you have your naturalisation certificate, apply for a passport.
Which is the route i need to fill the online application form and waiting times to get a decision on the application form. ( any web URL of the online application form )
There is only ONE route. Form AN - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1626788862
Are there any super priority service also available on this .. I doubt that.
No there is no fast track option for citizenship applications or fist adult passports.
How soon i can apply for naturalization from the date i obtained ILR ( 12 months completion or 28 days before 12 months competition ? )
You must hold ILR for the FULL 12 months first. There is NO 28 days early concession for citizenship.
If possible outline the OCI card for Indian Origin British Passport holders.
These questions are not relevant to the British citizenship sub forum. Post these questiosn in the Other Countries sub forum, link below.
other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.