ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query loans etc

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cruze24
Mood:

Naturalisation query loans etc

Post by cruze24 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:10 am

Hello Member...please i have an urgent question as my Naturalisation is due in couple of weeks and i have a business have been running which i am the manager but the business is no longer function due to brexit and covid....and i am owing bank some loans due to this....I have pay part of the loan but realised the debt will keep increasing the only way out is to liquidate the company as advised by my accountant.My question now is will this affect my naturalisation application or not?
Thanks a lot and merry Xmas in advance everyone.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation query loans etc

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:56 am

Please refer to the "Good Charancter" guidance and search for "Debt", "Bankruptcy", "Liquidation", and finance in general.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
As is stated debt in itself is not a reason for refusal especially if you comply with the arrangements to manage the debt.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:19 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:56 am
Please refer to the "Good Charancter" guidance and search for "Debt", "Bankruptcy", "Liquidation", and finance in general.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
As is stated debt in itself is not a reason for refusal especially if you comply with the arrangements to manage the debt.

Bankruptcy and being a director of a Company in liquidation are both treated more seriously in the Good Character policy. This may prevent naturalisation unless the discharge or liquidation was over 10 years ago, or where the order was annulled or it was a foreign bankruptcy.

prs
BANNED

Post by prs » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:21 am

cruze24 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:10 am
Hello Member...please i have an urgent question as my Naturalisation is due in couple of weeks and i have a business have been running which i am the manager but the business is no longer function due to brexit and covid....and i am owing bank some loans due to this....I have pay part of the loan but realised the debt will keep increasing the only way out is to liquidate the company as advised by my accountant.My question now is will this affect my naturalisation application or not?
Thanks a lot and merry Xmas in advance everyone.

where the person was made bankrupt or their company went into liquidation through little or no fault of their own, the application will not normally be refused. For example, they may have simply been a victim of the poor business decisions of others or their business has been severely affected by an economic downturn.

If you can prove that the liquidation was due to COVID and Global pandemic then it should not effect your application.

cruze24
Mood:

Post by cruze24 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:43 pm

Thanks a lot Yes i can prove it as the business was good before the brexit and covid as its e-eCommerce business with amazon .