ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Require urgent help in filling the citizenship form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pray4all
India

Require urgent help in filling the citizenship form

Post by pray4all » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Dear Gurus, Moderators,

I would be grateful if you can kindly assist me for below questions while filing Naturalisation (citizenship) online form for my wife.

Immigration History
  • Sep-12 to Jul-13 ICT Dependant Visa UK (I was on short term ICT visa)
  • Jul-13 to Dec-14 India (went back serving cooling off)
  • Dec-14 to Sep-15 ICT Dependant Visa UK (I was on short term ICT visa) - Wife was working as contractor for 4months
  • Sep-15 to Nov-15 India (went back serving cooling off)
  • 22-Nov-15 until now Wife T2G Visa
from Nov-15 until now, we had 2 trips to India for 3 weeks each
  • ILR granted - Nov'20 & now applying for citizenship
Question 1 - Trips Outside UK

1a - when did you first arrive in the UK?
Ans- Since my wife is applying citizenship on T2G route starting Nov'15, do I need to mention 22-NOv-15 as the start date?

1b - Details of trips outside UK & absence

Ans- Do I need to mention trips post Nov'15 i.e. 2 trips summing to 6 weeks absence? OR the initial trips on ICT & then going back and calculating absences which seems to be irrelevant

Question 2 - Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK?

1a - Do I need to mention all the work details post T2G start i.e. 22-Nov-15?? or include all the work details on ICT dependant too?? (& this answer will then tie back to 1a (when you first arrive in UK)

Question 3 - Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time - my answer is Yes (since I am still dependant on her visa)

Question 4 -Immigration Details

4a - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in UK or abraod?
Do I need to include all previous visa applications i.e. ICT dependants applications too??

4b- Include reference numbers & date of application?
I donot have records of ICT visa reference & dont remember the exact date of filing however can fill the year i.e. 2012 or 2014 (e.g. if visa was granted sep-12, dont know whether I applied in Aug'12 or Sep'12)

Question 5 - Do you have a previous visa, entry clearnace or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of english?
What would be the answer Yes or No??
Is this related to Nariac certificates that was produced along with ILR and hence need to metion 'Yes' and mention ILR number??

Many Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:

Re: Require urgent help in filling the citizenship form

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:41 am

You need to put when you first entered the UK, 2013, if that’s the case.

You list absences in the last 5 years.

You include all immigration applications previously made.

Yes, any work in the 10 years.

Knowledge of life and Language for naturalisation is approved B1 English or equivalent and a pass on the LIUK test. This is likely to be the same as that used in a recent settlement application. Yes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Amber wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:41 am
You need to put when you first entered the UK, 2013, if that’s the case.

You list absences in the last 5 years.

You include all immigration applications previously made.

Yes, any work in the 10 years.

Knowledge of life and Language for naturalisation is approved B1 English or equivalent and a pass on the LIUK test. This is likely to be the same as that used in a recent settlement application. Yes.
Many Thanks for your reply - I am confused with the fact that we are applying citizenship on the basis of T2G route so when you first came to UK- shouldn't this be Nov'15??

Have you made any previous immigration applications - is this ILR application or does this include work permit or dependant visa ( this may be completely irrelevant)...to be honest form is very confusing & few questions irrelevant

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Citizenship is NOT based on your visa route. Citizenship is NOT an immigration application.

You simply answer the questions truthfully as asked, stating the FIRST entry date to the UK.

All immigration applications must be listed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:30 pm
Citizenship is NOT based on your visa route. Citizenship is NOT an immigration application.

You simply answer the questions truthfully as asked, stating the FIRST entry date to the UK.

Thanks CR001 - I have not kept record of previous ICT application reference number, though through visa stampings on passport I know when this was stamped...can I just mention year? ( Form accepts just year also)

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:42 am

CR001 wrote:

Hello All,

I am still nervous & would sincerely request this question to be reconsidered again.

There are 2 separate sections -
1) Trips outside UK & 2) Immigration history

Underneath Travel history
1a - when did you first arrive in UK (form guidance: with the intention to stay longer)
1b - state absences ( calculated as per rules - not more than 450 days in past 5 yrs & not more than 90 days in 12 months)

These 2 are interrelated sections - considering that my wife entered UK first in 2012 on ICT short term dependent & then we went back serving cooling off as this was legal requirement & there was no intention to stay longer...in Nov, 2015 when she came on tier 2 general & gained ILR based on this date is the time period we can state that our intention was to stay longer....and shall I not put 2015 rather than 2012??

If I put 2012, then I would need to enter absences of cooling of period as this is interrelated section and would confuse case worker further????

Section - immigration history

I will put all previous travels starting from 2012

Kindly re-validate from the perspective that we intend to gain citizenship based on 5 year route via T2g..

Many thanks

pray4all
India

Post by pray4all » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:55 am

pray4all wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:42 am
CR001 wrote:

Hello All,

I am still nervous & would sincerely request this question to be reconsidered again.

There are 2 separate sections -
1) Trips outside UK & 2) Immigration history

Underneath Travel history
1a - when did you first arrive in UK (form guidance: with the intention to stay longer)
1b - state absences ( calculated as per rules - not more than 450 days in past 5 yrs & not more than 90 days in 12 months)

These 2 are interrelated sections - considering that my wife entered UK first in 2012 on ICT short term dependent & then we went back serving cooling off as this was legal requirement & there was no intention to stay longer...in Nov, 2015 when she came on tier 2 general & gained ILR based on this date is the time period we can state that our intention was to stay longer....and shall I not put 2015 rather than 2012??

If I put 2012, then I would need to enter absences of cooling of period as this is interrelated section and would confuse case worker further????

Section - immigration history

I will put all previous travels starting from 2012

Kindly re-validate from the perspective that we intend to gain citizenship based on 5 year route via T2g..

Many thanks
Also find attached herewith is the form snippet
Attachments
IMG_20211229_085329.jpg
IMG_20211229_085329.jpg (234.16 KiB) Viewed 1144 times