ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application using IDV App

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

hassanemam
Egypt

Naturalisation Application using IDV App

Post by hassanemam » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:06 pm

I have submitted naturalisation application to myself, wife and son on the 15th March. I was then advised to wait for a decision whether I will be eligible to use the IDV app or not.
I received an email confirming that I can use the IDV app for me and anyone submitting application with me.
All documents and identity checks have been completed and submitted.
Today (29/04) I received an email from Atlas saying that my son did not attend biometrics or provided reasonable explanation on why he did not attend appointment within 45 days.

Anyone has faced this issue?
I am suspecting because the process is new, Atlas sent this automated email. However, I am worries because they have mentioned that the application may be rejected if I did not attend a session.

Thanks for your advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application using IDV App

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:12 pm

Idv app is not "new".

Also, children usually have to attend biometric appointment.

Are you sure the email didn't say that he has to attend an appointment?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:17 pm

The email I received stated and I quote
"UKVI have confirmed to UKVCAS that you (and, if applicable, other members of your group) can use the IDV app to progress your application. As a result, we are inviting you to use the UKVCAS IDV app now."

My understanding using the IDV app in naturalisation applications started from the 10th of March. I might be wrong but that's what I read on UKVCAS website.

DocMalik_12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by DocMalik_12 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:48 pm

Hi hassanemam.

I have the same issue. I was asked to use IDV app for my daughter naturalisation application now got an email from HO Atlas saying you did not attend biometrics appointment. Let me know if you have received any further advice from someone please?

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Tue May 03, 2022 7:09 pm

I have sent an email to home office and still waiting for a response. Please let me know if you got any updates as well.

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Thu May 05, 2022 8:57 am

Hi, we have the same situation. We received an email saying the children’s biometrics appointments were missing. I called UKVI they told me to respond to those emails saying that app was used and mention the date. UKVCAS confirmed that our application was submitted and they didn’t receive any additional requests from UKVI for our application. They asked to clarify directly with UKVI. Please, let me know if you get any update? It doesn’t look like we can book a separate appointment for the children, the system lets to book an appointment for the whole family only.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Thu May 05, 2022 10:17 am

It seems there is a system glitch when it comes to IDV app and more specifically with children. Let's keep each other posted with updates and whoever hears back from UKVI update the rest of us.

I phoned UKVI and they told me to respond to the email but the email is not monitored as suggested in the title so I used the biometrics email.

Good luck to all

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Thu May 05, 2022 10:18 am

Arevik wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:57 am
It doesn’t look like we can book a separate appointment for the children, the system lets to book an appointment for the whole family only.
Can you actually book an appointment after submitting the application. I don't even know how to do this. Please let me know how booking an appointment can be done.

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Thu May 05, 2022 10:28 am

Yes, I checked and it offers an appointment for the whole family. You need to go back to your naturalization application on gov.uk and click on book an appointment. You will be redirected to UKVCAS website where you can book it. But they told me not to book but to check with UKVI first as the email might have been sent in error. I am confused to be honest.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Thu May 05, 2022 10:37 am

Arevik wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:28 am
Yes, I checked and it offers an appointment for the whole family. You need to go back to your naturalization application on gov.uk and click on book an appointment. You will be redirected to UKVCAS website where you can book it. But they told me not to book but to check with UKVI first as the email might have been sent in error. I am confused to be honest.
Well it does take you to the appointment but you will not find any available slots. I have tried this initially but I could not find any availability

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Thu May 05, 2022 10:55 am

Try at midnight, I saw a few slots yesterday but they were not free. Please, let me know if you get any clarifications from HO. Thanks

tier2ICT_ES
Newly Registered

Post by tier2ICT_ES » Thu May 05, 2022 11:20 am

Hi,

In same situation as you all. Got Application updated addressed to my daughter yesterday saying biometrics not submitted. I too submitted all details for myself, wife and daughter via IDV app when I got invitation on 29th March.

Have either of you booked further appointment with UKCVAS for biometric (or managed to get hold of anyone from UKVI to advice if a appointment is necessary). Only option is to book for whole family and is paid/expensive option.

thanks

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Thu May 05, 2022 11:33 am

tier2ICT_ES wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:20 am
Hi,

In same situation as you all. Got Application updated addressed to my daughter yesterday saying biometrics not submitted. I too submitted all details for myself, wife and daughter via IDV app when I got invitation on 29th March.

Have either of you booked further appointment with UKCVAS for biometric (or managed to get hold of anyone from UKVI to advice if a appointment is necessary). Only option is to book for whole family and is paid/expensive option.

thanks
I was told not to book an appointment and respond to the email. UKVCAS confirmed to me that all the information has been sent to UKVI (HO) for processing and they can see all applicants including my son has their biometrics completed. I have emailed home office explaining the situation

tier2ICT_ES
Newly Registered

Post by tier2ICT_ES » Thu May 05, 2022 11:48 am

Thank you. How did you manage to contact UKCVAS. I tried calling them on 0844 8920232 waited in queue for 30 minutes with no success

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Thu May 05, 2022 2:55 pm

Send them a DM in twitter UKVCAS they respond quickly.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Fri May 06, 2022 9:16 am

I received an update email from UKVI assuring me that the enquiry has been forwarded to the relevant department. I will keep you posted.

DocMalik_12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by DocMalik_12 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:31 am

@ hassanemam: What email address did you use to contact UKVI? Thanks.

Rk1904
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rk1904 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:10 pm

Hi All

Did anyone get any concrete answers for this? I received the same for my daughter today and it hasn’t even been 45 days since her application yet. Also we have already submitted everything via IDV app, not sure why we are being asking to book an appointment.

Any answers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

cutdcrap
United Kingdom

Post by cutdcrap » Sat May 21, 2022 8:52 pm

I am in the same boat : applied for naturalisation and invited to use the app for lead applicant and 2 kids. Both the kids had to do a liveness test and upload a picture as well.

Just reconfirming if the folks followed the above process and have still received the email saying biometrics appointment has not been taken. I hope someone who has had a resolution posts here, else I anticipate I will be getting the same email in a few days 😐

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Sun May 22, 2022 10:10 am

I have applied on the 15th March and submitted biometrics on the 23rd March and did not hear anything back yet. Not sure if anyone facing the same issue received an update or approval.

yougotme01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yougotme01 » Sun May 22, 2022 11:09 am

Application process takes between 3-6months. So I think your situation is very normal. I know people applied using IDv app and got there results withing the normal period.

mr_londoner
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mr_londoner » Sun May 22, 2022 4:57 pm

Hi Guys,

If someone uses IDV app and also keeps free appointment for later date (just in case if UKVI may ask to attend appointment in person) then will there be any issue ?
The reason I asked this question because I have seen several cases where people used IDV app and later ended up in paying £££ in order to get earliest possible appointment when requested by UKVI.

Many Thanks

cutdcrap
United Kingdom

Post by cutdcrap » Sun May 22, 2022 7:16 pm

hassanemam wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:10 am
I have applied on the 15th March and submitted biometrics on the 23rd March and did not hear anything back yet. Not sure if anyone facing the same issue received an update or approval.
I thought your post said you had submitted via IDV. Did you actually book in a biometric appointment as well after submission through IDV?

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Sun May 22, 2022 10:25 pm

cutdcrap wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:16 pm
hassanemam wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:10 am
I thought your post said you had submitted via IDV. Did you actually book in a biometric appointment as well after submission through IDV?
Yes I meant by submission via the IDV app; I have not booked appointment

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:00 am

Urgent please
I did something wrong with IDV app verification last step I applied for my wife and my doughter when I came for verification I took face picture for my wife and her passport uploaded in doughtier verification section means my daughter didn’t took her picture .
I submitted now , what should I do ?