ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT- Child`s First British Passport & DNA Test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BrightBright
Newly Registered

URGENT- Child`s First British Passport & DNA Test

Post by BrightBright » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:06 pm

Hello:
I am British and my wife is Pakistani, we got married 2 years ago and my wife just got her spouse visa. during this period we have a new born child in Pakistan.

I am about to apply for my child`s first british passport. along with all documents i want to submit DNA test as well in advance to avoid any delays.

I am aware it is not required for married couples unless asked. my question is:

can i get this DNA test done from any where or there is dedicated body in Pakistan(if so then which one).
can i get it done voluntarily without HMPO requesting for it.
Lastly how do i make payment for passport application, will they take it at the time of appointment?

Please guide.
Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Re: URGENT- Child`s First British Passport & DNA Test

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:39 pm

Who is considered as the child’s Father for the purpose of the BNA 1981 is firstly the person to whom the Mother was married to at the time of the child’s birth, therefore a DNA test is not required. Yes you pay for the passport when you apply.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.