ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character disclosure

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ellie333
Newly Registered
Poland

Good character disclosure

Post by Ellie333 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:14 am

Hi,

I was wondering if you could advise me on my situation.

I have accumulated 6 penalty charge notices for parking: 4 in 2020, 1 in 2021 and 1 in 2022, all issued by a parking ward (local council).

I also have one DVLA penalty for not taxing my vehicle on time. This was issued by DVLA via their records - I wasn’t approached by police. The car wasn’t declared as off road.

Everything has been of course paid.

1. Do you think I should mention all this in my citizenship application?
2. Do you think the application could be rejected because of it?

Thank you for your help.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Good character disclosure

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:36 pm

Fixed penalty notices, penalty charge notices and penalty notices for disorder are imposed by the police or other authorised enforcement officers for traffic rule violations, environmental and civil violations. It is a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court.

Receiving one does not form part of a person’s criminal record. A fixed penalty notice will not normally result in refusal unless the person has failed to pay or has unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in line with the sentence imposed by the court.

However, multiple fixed penalty notices over a short period of time could demonstrate a disregard for the law and therefore demonstrate that someone is not of good character.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page17
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Re: Good character disclosure

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:50 pm

Hence, the PM does not have a criminal conviction because of a Partygate penalty notice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.