ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Naturalisation

Post by psmurali89 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:33 am

Hi
Has anyone applied for Naturalisation recently?
They asking for proof of residence in UK for last 5 years. Does the below mean we can give the passport stamps as proof? I was working in UK for last 10 years but i don't have P60 continuously for last 5 years.

"If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.
Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:41 am

You ONLY need your passport(s), biometric page and stamped pages for the last 5 years. There is NO requirement for P60s if you followed the UK immigration visa and ILR route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Naturalisation

Post by psmurali89 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:59 am

Thank you.

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Naturalization Referees

Post by psmurali89 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:21 am

Hi All

Am in the process of applying for Naturalization. Can I provide my Ex-Colleagues (now friends) who are IT engineers as Referees?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Naturalization Referees

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:33 am

If you mean for professional capacity - as was mentioned on the forum, "Engineer refers to an engineer registered with a professional regulatory body such as an electrical, mechanical or civil engineer", so not for professional qualification one.
You can use one of them for British passport holder over 25 category, if they satisfy the requirement.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:58 am

1. Please do NOT post citizenship queries in random sub forums.

2. Topics merged. Please keep ALL your questions on the same application in ONE topic, this one!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by psmurali89 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:53 am

Not sure what you mean?

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passp ... ignatories

Here it says "Engineer with Professional Qualification". Both of my referees has engineering degree and they are IT professionals.
Its doesn't say as they have to registered with professional regulatory body?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:59 am

psmurali89 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:53 am
Not sure what you mean?

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passp ... ignatories

Here it says "Engineer with Professional Qualification". Both of my referees has engineering degree and they are IT professionals.
Its doesn't say as they have to registered with professional regulatory body?
This link is for passport application referees.

Professional qualification does not mean just having a 'degree'. Definition of professional qualification in link below. It refers to a regulated professional qualification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professio ... ed_Kingdom

Also, the naturalisation link is below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ionals.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by psmurali89 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:04 am

No, look at the Naturalization guidance notes below, page no:25 and click on "professional person" link it will take you to that "Countersigning passport applications and photos" page. All it says is the referee can be "Engineer with professional qualification".

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... d_0709.pdf

My question is, where does it says the engineering professionals should be registered with a professional regulatory body?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:26 pm

psmurali89 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:04 am
All it says is the referee can be "Engineer with professional qualification".
according to the link CR001 posted, "professional qualification" means a person is registered with their regulatory body in the UK, their degree is not an evidence of their professional qualification in this case.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:49 pm

psmurali89 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:04 am
No, look at the Naturalization guidance notes below, page no:25 and click on "professional person" link it will take you to that "Countersigning passport applications and photos" page. All it says is the referee can be "Engineer with professional qualification".

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... d_0709.pdf

My question is, where does it says the engineering professionals should be registered with a professional regulatory body?
If you feel confident about what the requirement is, then by all means go for it.

But, I'm not sure how you want the HO to verify the individual if they aren't part of a professional body.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!