ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization certificate number for the passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Berkay
United Kingdom

Naturalization certificate number for the passport application

Post by Berkay » Thu May 23, 2024 1:48 pm

Hi there,

When I want to enter my naturalization certificate number for the passport application, it says the number usually has 7 digits. However, on my certificate, there are two numbers: one at the bottom right starting with 'C:' and having 7 digits (C XXXXXXX), and the other with 8 digits as 'Certificate No: XXXXXXXX'. I'm not sure which of these I should enter.

Thanks.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization certificate number for the passport application

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 23, 2024 2:01 pm

Berkay wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:48 pm
Hi there,

When I want to enter my naturalization certificate number for the passport application, it says the number usually has 7 digits. However, on my certificate, there are two numbers: one at the bottom right starting with 'C:' and having 7 digits (C XXXXXXX), and the other with 8 digits as 'Certificate No: XXXXXXXX'. I'm not sure which of these I should enter.

Thanks.
The certificate number above the reference number is the right one. It's usually 7 digits as rightly insinuated.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Berkay
United Kingdom

Post by Berkay » Thu May 23, 2024 2:03 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:01 pm
Berkay wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:48 pm
Hi there,

Thanks.
The certificate number above the reference number is the right one. It's usually 7 digits as rightly insinuated.
This number has 8 digits.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Thu May 23, 2024 2:23 pm

That's still the correct one to put.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!