ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for British Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukresident09
Newly Registered

Documents required for British Naturalisation application

Post by ukresident09 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi,
Would some one be able to help me regarding the documents I need to send along with British Naturalisation application that is being based on HSMP (JR) 4 yrs and ILR 1 yr.

I need to send my passport ( and I presume only a copy if going through NCS as they will verify the original document)

It also says on the guidance
Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government
Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period
- Will the passport not have details of when I entered UK and when I left
- I would have worked under various employers over these years. It would be difficult for me to chase each employer and get a certificate that I worked in these dates. What alternative have people generally used.

Any other documents?

Thanks for your input.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: Documents required for British Naturalisation applicatio

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:39 pm

ukresident09 wrote:Hi,
Would some one be able to help me regarding the documents I need to send along with British Naturalisation application that is being based on HSMP (JR) 4 yrs and ILR 1 yr.

I need to send my passport ( and I presume only a copy if going through NCS as they will verify the original document)

Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period
- I would have worked under various employers over these years. It would be difficult for me to chase each employer and get a certificate that I worked in these dates. What alternative have people generally used.

Any other documents?

Thanks for your input.
P60's covering throughout the period should be ok. A letter from current employer confirming employment and current pay slips are adviceable. But Sometime NCS does not take payslips so employer's letter would do the trick. Life in UK test certificate (if required in your case) and Fee.

That is what I can think of, if your application is straight forward.

Regards
KESH

ukresident09
Newly Registered

Post by ukresident09 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:52 pm

keshgrover wrote:

Any other documents?

Thanks for your input.
P60's covering throughout the period should be ok. A letter from current employer confirming employment and current pay slips are adviceable. But Sometime NCS does not take payslips so employer's letter would do the trick. Life in UK test certificate (if required in your case) and Fee.

That is what I can think of, if your application is straight forward.

Regards
Thanks for the reply

I have filed tax return for last 5 yrs and hopefully I should have the payslips for most of the period or covering a period...would that be ok...there may be job offer for some of the post. would that be ok...

Would NCS check and tell if I have the right documents?

Thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Any other documents?

Thanks for your input.
Only need to get letters if your passport does not show when you entered the UK.

have a look at page 16 of the application form. it s more clear than on the guidance notes

ukresident09
Newly Registered

Post by ukresident09 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:13 pm

May be I mistook the way it is written in page 26 of the guidance which say

Your passports OR say why you are unable to provide one on page 14 and supply
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government
Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during
the relevant period OR

Which means if I dont provide passport with all details of my entry and exit to this country.. i would have to provide alternative documents..correct me if I am wrong..

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:18 pm

ukresident09 wrote:May be I mistook the way it is written in page 26 of the guidance which say

the relevant period OR

Which means if I dont provide passport with all details of my entry and exit to this country.. i would have to provide alternative documents..correct me if I am wrong..
Yes thats correct. with the guidance you have to read the whole paragraph together which why i said the form is more clear on the issue

ukresident09
Newly Registered

Post by ukresident09 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:25 pm

f2k wrote:
ukresident09 wrote:May be I mistook the way it is written in page 26 of the guidance which say

the relevant period OR

Yes thats correct. with the guidance you have to read the whole paragraph together which why i said the form is more clear on the issue
Thanks for your help
One further question
What do we need for a striaght forward application

Apart from completed application form with 2 referees, Passport...anything particularly needed.

Thanks

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:27 pm

For a naturalisation application the documents required are quite minimal as compared to an ILR application. Make sure you have yuor Life in the UK pass certificate and the correct photographs.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 pm

f2k wrote:

the relevant period OR

If you are submitting one of the following three options:
(1) your original passport
(2) the NCS checked photocopy of your passport
(3) a solicitor notarized photocopy of your passport
then you do NOT need to send any of the other supporting documentation