ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

Life in the UK Test and Naturalisation

Post by sweet_soul » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Hello people...I just have a little query and wondering if some clever person can suggest some thing!

I passed my Life in the UK test in Dec/2007 and then I got my ILR in April 2008 on the basis of married to a British Citizen. Now, I am about to apply for Naturalisation and wondering if my "Life in the UK test result" is still valid for Naturalization??? Because there is a general conception that it is valid for two years only. Is that right after ILR too? I know I am applying for Naturalization a bit late but that is because I had some other problems irrelevant to this question.

If that is the case, I will have to book the test again. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Life in the UK Test and Naturalisation

Post by mochyn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:50 am

sweet_soul wrote:Hello people...I just have a little query and wondering if some clever person can suggest some thing!

I passed my Life in the UK test in Dec/2007 and then I got my ILR in April 2008 on the basis of married to a British Citizen. Now, I am about to apply for Naturalisation and wondering if my "Life in the UK test result" is still valid for Naturalization??? Because there is a general conception that it is valid for two years only. Is that right after ILR too? I know I am applying for Naturalization a bit late but that is because I had some other problems irrelevant to this question.

If that is the case, I will have to book the test again. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
You only have to sit it once if you pass.
There is no time frame on the test.
It is valid indefinetly

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:16 pm

sweet_soul: My wife took the test in Nov 2007, but only applied for ILR in Jan 2010, which was granted without any problem. Nowhere does it say that the certificate has a limited validity. She has applied for naturalisation (application pending with HO) but the issue of the validity of the test result has not been raised. You will be ok I am sure.

republique
BANNED

Re: Life in the UK Test and Naturalisation

Post by republique » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:32 pm

sweet_soul wrote:Hello people...I just have a little query and wondering if some clever person can suggest some thing!

There is no general conception of a 2 year validity. Please stop making it up. You mean you have some impression, not that it is something generally believed.

John

Post by John » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:30 pm

sweet_soul, on the application form AN, all you need to do is to tick the box on the form, to indicate that you used the pass certificate when getting your ILR. That is it!

UKBA can and do check their records to see if that box if the box has been ticked wrongly, but if indeed the box has been ticked correctly, no problem!
John

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

thanks every one :)

Post by sweet_soul » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 am

Thank you very much John, VRM & Mochyn. I have checked a few documents as well and I think you all are right. I can go ahead and apply for Naturalization.

And republique I did not make it up. If you are applying for Naturalization you are very careful for every little detail. I am just being vigilant especially when a lot of people around me told me its two years and I don't understand where they got it from. You know how things spread in our society! Hence, I came here to get it ruled out. But thanks for your reply. It was helpful indeed :)

republique
BANNED

Re: thanks every one :)

Post by republique » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:45 pm

sweet_soul wrote:Thank you very much John, VRM & Mochyn. I have checked a few documents as well and I think you all are right. I can go ahead and apply for Naturalization.

And republique I did not make it up. If you are applying for Naturalization you are very careful for every little detail. I am just being vigilant especially when a lot of people around me told me its two years and I don't understand where they got it from. You know how things spread in our society! Hence, I came here to get it ruled out. But thanks for your reply. It was helpful indeed :)
your friends don't make up the general populus

osteophytes

Re: thanks every one :)

Post by osteophytes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:51 am

Why so mean! Decorum in this forum is not upto the standard. What are the moderators doing?
republique wrote:
sweet_soul wrote:Thank you very much John, VRM & Mochyn. I have checked a few documents as well and I think you all are right. I can go ahead and apply for Naturalization.

your friends don't make up the general populus