ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dee74
Newly Registered

Post by dee74 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:25 pm

balded wrote:I am actually quite amused by the discussion about my IQ:
I am a professor of mathematics, specializing in algebraic topology ...
(my question was indeed a bit silly -it can happen to anyone, even to math professors !)
Good, you admit that you have asked a silly question and I do admit I had posted a silly answer. At least you've got a sense of humour making yourself admitting to asking a silly question.
I owe you a pint.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 pm

My timeline so far

NCS or Postal: NCS Hatfield
CRITERIA - 10 year Long residence + 1 year ILR
Date of submission: 24th August 2010
Date reached 26th August
Date of Debit Card deduction: 27th August
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 3rd September dated 30th August
Date UKBA made decision: 15th September
Date of receipt of approval: 25th September
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 5th October
Date of ceremony - 19th October
Date of Passport application -19th October
Date of Interview letter receipt - 27th October
Date of receipt of supporting documents - 27th October
Date of Passport interview - 1st November
Date of receipt of passport - TBC

Just waiting for the passport now hopefully should arrive in next few days
Magsi

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:48 pm

I called ukba today and they said your application in uder consideration. what does it mean and what is gonna happen after that

Many thanks

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:11 pm

ICEBREAKER wrote:I called ukba today and they said your application in uder consideration. what does it mean and what is gonna happen after that

Many thanks
It seems like it's been assigned to a case worker. My guess is that you should be receiving the citizenship invitation letter in about a week. For instance, the decision on my application was made on the same day the application was assigned to a case worker and the citizenship invite came in 7 days thereafter.

Mhunt
Newly Registered

Post by Mhunt » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Generalisimus wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:I called ukba today and they said your application in uder consideration. what does it mean and what is gonna happen after that

Many thanks
It seems like it's been assigned to a case worker. My guess is that you should be receiving the citizenship invitation letter in about a week. For instance, the decision on my application was made on the same day the application was assigned to a case worker and the citizenship invite came in 7 days thereafter.
Can somebody please tell me the phone number i can use to check the status of my application? Also, what information do I need to provide to check the status? Do they need the case number or just my name and date of birth? Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere else, i haven't found the answer in recent posts.

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:17 am

Mhunt wrote:
Generalisimus wrote:

Many thanks
Can somebody please tell me the phone number i can use to check the status of my application? Also, what information do I need to provide to check the status? Do they need the case number or just my name and date of birth? Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere else, i haven't found the answer in recent posts.

The number to ring is 01516725626, i did call them today you need to confirm your date of birth and your ref number.

by icebreaker

fsh
Newly Registered

Post by fsh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Called them today to enquire about the application, but got a reply back stating that the average time is 6 months!!!!

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:05 pm

fsh wrote:Called them today to enquire about the application, but got a reply back stating that the average time is 6 months!!!!
That's what they normally say. I got the same feedback from them even though the citizenship invitation letter had already been sent out!

However, once I had produced an excuse for calling, I got the full progress update. My excuse was asking for a post office tracking number in case the letter may have been sent. Then they said that they did not have a postal tracking number as it had been sent by 2nd class post on such and such date, etc, etc.

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Generalisimus wrote:

Many thanks
thANKS Generalismus. i am going to wait inshallah

FOX
Newly Registered

My experience so far

Post by FOX » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:47 pm

My experience so far:

NCS or Postal: NCS
Which NCS: Southwark
Date of submission or posting: Friday 8th October 2010, received in Liverpool after the weekend on 11th October 2010.
CRITERIA - 14 years Long Residence + 1 Year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card:14 October 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 20th Oct.2010:-Date on letter 14/10/10
Date of receipt of approval:1st November 2010-Approved on 26/10/10
Date of Ceremony:TBA
Date of appln. for passport:TBA
Method used:???
Date of Receipt:???

ICEBREAKER

Re: My experience so far

Post by ICEBREAKER » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Does anyone know if ukba sends the approval letter to the local first or the applicant?

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 am

ICEBREAKER wrote:Does anyone know if ukba sends the approval letter to the local first or the applicant?
Simultaneously, according to my experience.

mumtos
Newly Registered

Post by mumtos » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 am

ICEBREAKER wrote:Does anyone know if ukba sends the approval letter to the local first or the applicant?
There is a particular day of the week when the local council recieves the delievries from HO,for certificates,you can ask your local council about that. Its not must that you and the local council recieves the letter at the same time. It could be the local council recieve the certificate before you recieve the approval letter or vice versa.

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:51 pm

i had it both at the same time. as i rang council as soon as i received my approval letter, Council said they also had it from UKBA.
Roopscisco.

Mhunt
Newly Registered

Post by Mhunt » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Generalisimus wrote:
fsh wrote:Called them today to enquire about the application, but got a reply back stating that the average time is 6 months!!!!
That's what they normally say. I got the same feedback from them even though the citizenship invitation letter had already been sent out!

However, once I had produced an excuse for calling, I got the full progress update. My excuse was asking for a post office tracking number in case the letter may have been sent. Then they said that they did not have a postal tracking number as it had been sent by 2nd class post on such and such date, etc, etc.
I called and asked about the status of my application. They said that they couldn't give this information becasue it's been less than 6 months since I applied. I asked them again and said that i need to plan a trip abroad, but they still declined to give me the details.

How did you manage to get the information? What did you say after giving them your ref number, name, dob and address? Did you first ask them about the status and then ask for a post office tracking number when they refused or did you ask for the tracking number right away?

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Mhunt wrote:How did you manage to get the information? What did you say after giving them your ref number, name, dob and address? Did you first ask them about the status and then ask for a post office tracking number when they refused or did you ask for the tracking number right away?
Asked for the post office tracking number straight away. Maybe it worked because the decision had already been sent out by the time I called with that question.

mashroom1
Newly Registered

Post by mashroom1 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:50 am

All is well if ends well -:)

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:40 pm

magsi23 wrote:Final Timeline

NCS or Postal: NCS Hatfield
CRITERIA - 10 year Long residence + 1 year ILR
Date of submission: 24th August 2010
Date reached 26th August
Date of Debit Card deduction: 27th August
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 3rd September dated 30th August
Date UKBA made decision: 15th September
Date of receipt of approval: 25th September
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 5th October
Date of ceremony - 19th October
Date of Passport application -19th October
Date of Interview letter receipt - 27th October
Date of receipt of supporting documents - 27th October
Date of Passport interview - 1st November
Date of receipt of passport - 3rd November

End of the Journey

magsi23 did u get the new passport or is it still the old type, cos im still waiting for the full roll out of the new design 2010 passport

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:27 pm

I received 2006 version as almost everyone on this forum, they said they are rolling it out in phases and it will not be until next year when everyone starts to receive new version.
Magsi

psychedelic79
Newly Registered

Update

Post by psychedelic79 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:29 pm

NCS Hamilton
Date of submission 12/10/10
Date reached HO 13/10/10
CRITERIA - 4yr HSMP JR + 1 yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card 15/10/10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 22/10/10 - dated 15/10/10
Date of receipt of approval - 04/11/10 - dated 27/10/10
Date of receipt of invitation letter from council - 30/10/10 - dated 29/10/10
Date of Ceremony - 01/12/10
Date of appln. for passport
Method used
Date of Receipt

mashroom1
Newly Registered

?

Post by mashroom1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am

Looks like there is no sequence in processing whatsoever?

Anyone applied between 30/09/10 - 04/10/10 and still waiting?

@ICEBREACKER - any (breaking/melting) news?

Tangozebra
Newly Registered

Re: ?

Post by Tangozebra » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:53 am

mashroom1 wrote:Looks like there is no sequence in processing whatsoever?

I applied on the 17th of Sept and still nothing! I have already sent them a complaint email as I am looking to change jobs soon, but lack of passport mean I can't prove my right to work. Also, I am worried that requesting my passport back could slow things down even more. Honestly I expect more for my £735 pounds.

azad
Newly Registered

Post by azad » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 am

I applied on the 29th of Sept and still nothing!

salars

Post by salars » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Tangozebra wrote:

I applied on the 17th of Sept and still nothing! I have already sent them a complaint email as I am looking to change jobs soon, but lack of passport mean I can't prove my right to work. Also, I am worried that requesting my passport back could slow things down even more. Honestly I expect more for my £735 pounds.
You should have used the NCS or Sent attested docs. The Home office says its 6 months to a decision. I hope ur passport comes back soon though.
Cheers

Tangozebra
Newly Registered

Post by Tangozebra » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:48 pm

salars wrote:
Tangozebra wrote:

You should have used the NCS or Sent attested docs. The Home office says its 6 months to a decision. I hope ur passport comes back soon though.
Cheers
I know I should have, but I was hoping that it won't take this long. Anyway, I think people from certain countries are vetted quite heavily prior to the approval of their application. Below is my weird time line so far

Application submitted: 17/09/2010
Payment declined: 23/09/2010
New payment instruction processed: 05/10/2010
Application status check: 22/10/2010 (Under consideration)
Application status check: 29/10/2010 (Awaiting allocation to case worker)
Application status check: 05/11/2010 (Awaiting allocation to case worker)

In short, I am quite sure that the application is actually going through a special vetting process for certain nationalities, however, I am looking forward to receiving an approval hopefully in two weeks, otherwise, I will have to request the passport back.