ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon NCS not accepting MN1 application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramkumarvsd
Newly Registered
India

Croydon NCS not accepting MN1 application

Post by ramkumarvsd » Fri May 07, 2010 11:01 am

Can someone please advise me on using NCS for MN1 application:

Situation: Parents both got ILR ( used to be on WP)
Child born in UK when parents had WP , Child acquired Indian passport and dependent visa.
Parents both later got ILR but didn't apply for Child as aoption of directly using MN1 was there.
Child doesn't have ILR but stil got WP dependant stamp valid upto 2011-oct.
I ( father) called up NCS service in Croydon and they say child requires to have ILR to be registered as citizen. and they can't help me other wise.
They refused even an appointment for NCS.
In this case can i only apply through post? i hesitate to send my & my son's original passports along with application.

Can someone advise pls.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri May 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Apply by post and send certified copy of passports. Registration is an entitlement and cannot be refused if the requirements of s1(3) of the 1981 Act are met.

And make a formal complaint against the NCS service for ignorance of the law.

ramkumarvsd
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramkumarvsd » Fri May 07, 2010 11:13 pm

JAJ wrote:Apply by post and send certified copy of passports. Registration is an entitlement and cannot be refused if the requirements of s1(3) of the 1981 Act are met.

And make a formal complaint against the NCS service for ignorance of the law.
JAJ , Thanks. Will do that on Monday.

Has anyone sent originals for MN1 application to HO? Generally how safe it is if originals are sent through post?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sun May 09, 2010 5:33 pm

MN1 applications are normally dealt with swiftly, two weeks being quite normal, so if you apply by post it might not be too long before you get your documents back. However, in order to avoid parting with your passports it might be best to try and get an appointment with another more enlightened NCS. Remember it's normally a receptionist that makes the appointment and he/she might not necessarily be familiar with the ins and outs of immigration policy, it might be worth reading an extract from the Ho website to them or just being firm and asking them to check with the person who will actually deal with your application before turning you away.
'In everything give thanks'

ramkumarvsd
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramkumarvsd » Sun May 09, 2010 8:14 pm

OFCHARITY , Thanks for the info.
I will talk to Croydon NCS again and will ask to be attended by a superior/NCS person than a receptionist. If they still persist will take risk and send docs through post.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon May 10, 2010 12:47 am

ramkumarvsd wrote: Has anyone sent originals for MN1 application to HO? Generally how safe it is if originals are sent through post?

Never safe to send originals. Postal service can lose them, as can the Home Office.

ramkumarvsd
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramkumarvsd » Tue May 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Sent a strong Email citing the act and entitlement to Croydon council. I asked them reasons in reply if they are refusing. Amazingly got a call in few hours saying its alright and they are ready to give appointment now. But got it only on June 7th. Anyways think its better then sending originals in post. Thanks all for your help

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Contact your local Councillor if the problem with Croydon Council still persists

ramkumarvsd
Newly Registered
India

Called up Sutton NCS - everything done smoothly

Post by ramkumarvsd » Mon May 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Croydon Council gave me appointment on 07 Jun was frustrating to wait so long. so called up Sutton Registrar office , they asked me to come next day ( saturday 22-May) , went w/o a fuss now waiting for Home office reply.
thanks to everyone for advise and help

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Good stuff. Does help to shop around. I think Sutton is cheaper as well

ramkumarvsd
Newly Registered
India

MN1 application timeline

Post by ramkumarvsd » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 am

We got MN1 approved finally :)

Parents WP holder+spouse got ILR 2 yrs after child born in UK
( ILR granted On 06-May-2010) Child had Indian passport and dependent visa but no ILR.
Date of application MN1 : 22-May-2010 ( Sutton NCS)

Note: I didn't get referees asked two of my friends who were british citizens to sign ( with their passport numbers)

Date of acknoledgement received: 26-May-2010
Date of registration as British citizen: 08-JUN-2010 ( certificate date)
Date of receiving snail mail: 12-JUN-2010