ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for my 2 year old daughter's citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajat_s
Newly Registered

Referee for my 2 year old daughter's citizenship application

Post by rajat_s » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi I have to apply for my daughter's citizenship as part of a family application. It asks for one referee to be a british citizen (which is fine) and the other refree to have "engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion".

Since she is only 2 years she hasn't interacted with any of the above plus the health visitor is saying that they dont do it? She was saying that the post office can do it???

Does anyone know what needs to be done in this case?

Much appreciated

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:29 pm

If you have a friend who knows your child and is 'professonal' then ask them to do. Some GPs do it but some charge a fortune for doing it.

Was your child born in the UK, if yes then I wouldnt stress too much about it,

rajat_s
Newly Registered

Post by rajat_s » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks for the reply. She was born outside the UK. Would a professional who is a UK citizen work as the second referee.

VRM
Newly Registered

Post by VRM » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:30 pm

rajat,

I would suggest going to her GP. They make a small charge, £15-£20, which is small change, given that you are spending over £1000 for the whole application.