ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

when to apply, 15 months after I sent application for IRL?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zhuzhu277
Newly Registered

when to apply, 15 months after I sent application for IRL?

Post by zhuzhu277 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:45 am

Hi
1) I applied ILR last year which took more than 6months to grant. To ask when I can apply for the british citizenship. Because in one document 7.5(g)g
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

g. consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15 months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted.....the applicant could have applied for ILR earlier and met this requirement on the date of consideration

Does it mean I could apply 15 months after I sent application for IRL.

2) I intend to stay in my home country normally. In order to keep my IRL, do I need to come back to UK every one year or two years? and How long do I need to stay

thank you very much for the help

beeba

Re: when to apply, 15 months after I sent application for IR

Post by beeba » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:29 pm

zhuzhu277 wrote:Hi
1) I applied ILR last year which took more than 6months to grant. To ask when I can apply for the british citizenship. Because in one document 7.5(g)g
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

g. consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15 months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted.....the applicant could have applied for ILR earlier and met this requirement on the date of consideration

Does it mean I could apply 15 months after I sent application for IRL.

2) I intend to stay in my home country normally. In order to keep my IRL, do I need to come back to UK every one year or two years? and How long do I need to stay

thank you very much for the help
1. I think its only a Discretion. You can try if you wish.

2. There is a no time limit to stay. But if you intennd to stay in your home country what intentions you will put in form AN?