ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of birth in British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jambo
Respected Guru

Place of birth in British passport

Post by Jambo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi,

For people born outside the UK, would the place of birth in the passport details page include the country they were born in or just the city?
I know that for UK born people, only the UK city/town is listed but was wondering if it is the same case for people born outside the UK.
Thanks.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: Place of birth in British passport

Post by joelondon » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Jambo wrote:Hi,

For people born outside the UK, would the place of birth in the passport details page include the country they were born in or just the city?
I know that for UK born people, only the UK city/town is listed but was wondering if it is the same case for people born outside the UK.
Thanks.
well mine was the the town where i was born , not even the city :) and born outside , the UK , hope this may help u somehow ...!!!

beeba

Re: Place of birth in British passport

Post by beeba » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:45 pm

joelondon wrote:
Jambo wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
well mine was the the town where i was born , not even the city :) and born outside , the UK , hope this may help u somehow ...!!!
Yes it would be only the name of town or city not the country.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:43 am

Thanks for the answers.

Mhunt
Newly Registered

Post by Mhunt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Does it mean that everybody has only their town/city of birth but not the coutry of birth written in their passports?

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:42 pm

My passport says "London", as does my son's. My other half's says, "Tel Aviv", but doesn't say, "Israel".

On the other hand, on our son's birth certificate, my place of birth is listed as London, and my other half's is listed as "Israel".

I've seen a lot of naturalised citizens' passports, and they have a city / town / province, not a country.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Mhunt
Newly Registered

Post by Mhunt » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Great! Thanks