ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tricky Spouse's ILR/Naturalization Question.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bobo77

Tricky Spouse's ILR/Naturalization Question.

Post by bobo77 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm HSMP JR + ILR and due to naturalize this December 2010.

My wife is also HSMP (not as my dependant) and due her own ILR next September 2011.

My question:
If she is sucessful in her ILR application next september (by which time I'll -hopefully- already be a citizen, will she be able to apply for naturalization immediately as wife of a British citizen.

To re-phrase the question:
MUST an ILR who wants to apply for naturalization as the wife of a British Citizen fulfil the one year wait between ILR and Naturalization.

Please note that :
  • she didnt enter UK on a marriage visa.
    She's here on her own HSMP since September 2006
Thanks and looking forard to responses.

beeba

Re: Tricky Spouse's ILR/Naturalization Question.

Post by beeba » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:35 pm

bobo77 wrote:I'm HSMP JR + ILR and due to naturalize this December 2010.

My wife is also HSMP (not as my dependant) and due her own ILR next September 2011.

My question:
If she is sucessful in her ILR application next september (by which time I'll -hopefully- already be a citizen, will she be able to apply for naturalization immediately as wife of a British citizen.

To re-phrase the question:
MUST an ILR who wants to apply for naturalization as the wife of a British Citizen fulfil the one year wait between ILR and Naturalization.

Please note that :
  • she didnt enter UK on a marriage visa.
    She's here on her own HSMP since September 2006
Thanks and looking forard to responses.
No need to wait to complete 1 year on ILR. For other requirements click below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/

cheers

bobo77

Re: Tricky Spouse's ILR/Naturalization Question.

Post by bobo77 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:06 pm

beeba wrote:
bobo77 wrote:...Thanks and looking forard to responses.
No need to wait to complete 1 year on ILR. For other requirements click below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/

cheers
Thanks beeba

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi Beeba,

Any how you will be getting your BC by this year.

I am wondering, why you would apply for the ILR of your wife rather you can straight away make her as wife of a British Citizen after the successful application of your BC.

Are you thinking, whether Cameron would impose a new rule that Dependants will not be allowed to work in the UK shortly.

Kind Regards

beeba

Post by beeba » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:06 pm

ILR_Queries wrote:Hi Beeba,

I am wondering, why you would apply for the ILR of your wife rather you can straight away make her as wife of a British Citizen after the successful application of your BC.

Are you thinking, whether Cameron would impose a new rule that Dependants will not be allowed to work in the UK shortly.

Kind Regards

You must be free from immigration time restrictions on the day you make your application.

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:04 pm

beeba wrote:
ILR_Queries wrote:Hi Beeba,

Kind Regards

You must be free from immigration time restrictions on the day you make your application.
Hi Beeba,

I was under the impression that only main applicants who wish to apply for BC should be following the rule, ILR + 1 Year.

Correct me if am wrong, Should dependants also be free from immigration
time restrictions?

My wife is on her own Tier1 visa and i will be applicable for BC next year September. I wondering what is the best possible way of converting my wife's visa in to BC. Should i go through the FLR route?

Immigration gurus please help me with my query.

Kind Regards

John

Post by John » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Sorry to throw in a dampener on this situation but I don't think we really know what is going to happen to what we currently call ILR, or when Naturalisation might be possible ... as from July 2011.

That is there is a Government consultation happening and the Government has yet to announce how it is going to proceed.

The previous Labour Government was thinking of changing ILR into Provisional Citizenship, and as regards Naturalisation, there would be a requirement to have that for at least one year, even for spouses of British Citizens.

Rumour has it that the Coalition might backtrack on at least some of those plans, but we shall just have to wait and see.
John