ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Detained (not arrested) and then released without charge

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

riz20112011
Newly Registered

Detained (not arrested) and then released without charge

Post by riz20112011 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 am

hi there
i have one question because of light arguments my partner reported to the police about the domestic volience and police detained me for interview and then released me after few hours because of the lack of evidence. I never went to the court or anything like that Is the criminal recored and would my applictaion for BC rejected for this.Please answer my question if anybody knows about this thanks x

mcovet
BANNED

Re: Detained (not arrested) and then released without charge

Post by mcovet » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 am

riz20112011 wrote:hi there
i have one question because of light arguments my partner reported to the police about the domestic volience and police detained me for interview and then released me after few hours because of the lack of evidence. I never went to the court or anything like that Is the criminal recored and would my applictaion for BC rejected for this.Please answer my question if anybody knows about this thanks x

If u havent been cautioned or charged, let alone convicted, u dont need to report anyth at all. U shouldnt undermine ur citizenship chances by letting ur wife provoke u, wait until u r naturalised and then feel free to beat the c rap out of her if u like :)))))

riz20112011
Newly Registered

Post by riz20112011 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm

mcovet wrote:

If u havent been cautioned or charged, let alone convicted, u dont need to report anyth at all. U shouldnt undermine ur citizenship chances by letting ur wife provoke u, wait until u r naturalised and then feel free to beat the c rap out of her if u like :)))))
hi thanks for reply but i am didnt understand that are u joking or wht i just asking can i apply BC without any hassel thanks and hope you will reply this time seriously thanks

Backer
Member of Standing

Post by Backer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Yes you can with no worries

riz20112011
Newly Registered

Post by riz20112011 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Backer wrote:Yes you can with no worries
thanks Backer you are a star thnx

riz20112011
Newly Registered

Post by riz20112011 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:31 pm

hi there can anybody tell me should i declared that things in the form coz its says you have to give all the information. its was all about detained and questiond and then released after few hours . can any senior member give some info am i ok for applying without worry or i have to wait for 5 year thnx.

Backer
Member of Standing

Post by Backer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:46 pm

You worry too much. The form does not say so. It says to mention all convictions and charges pending prosecutions. forget about it and move on.

riz20112011
Newly Registered

Post by riz20112011 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Backer wrote:You worry too much. The form does not say so. It says to mention all convictions and charges pending prosecutions. forget about it and move on.
thanks alot you made me brave thank you very very much backer.

tintin

Post by tintin » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:46 pm

The following link may be helpful, read annex D

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/

riz20112011
Newly Registered

Post by riz20112011 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:20 am

tintin wrote:The following link may be helpful, read annex D

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/
thanks tintin for info be honest if i read all these i am feeling myself a criminal becasue they want all the information and then at then end say casework would refuse if that thing happhend its totaly confused for me. i just simply asked if someone detetined for question (family matter) and then later released with out charge or arrest i cant find the aswer of this question.

tintin

Post by tintin » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 am

being released without charged means that they found nothing against you and I dont think that there would be any record of it. I am not competant to advise you on whether you should declare this or not, may be its worh having a chat with an expert.

riz20112011
Newly Registered

Post by riz20112011 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:33 pm

tintin wrote:being released without charged means that they found nothing against you and I dont think that there would be any record of it. I am not competant to advise you on whether you should declare this or not, may be its worh having a chat with an expert.
thanks for the reply as far as AN form is concern i dont need to say anything about that coz no charged being made or no court involed. but he link you sent me according to that i should say but i dont know where to click on the form and what to do and yes i am seeking advice from senior expert thansk

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:12 pm

mcovet wrote:

That is a very inappropriate comment even if it is in jest. kindly refrain from making jokes/comments like those. Consider this a friendly warning.

riz20112011
Newly Registered

Post by riz20112011 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:12 pm

archigabe wrote:
mcovet wrote:

That is a very inappropriate comment even if it is in jest. kindly refrain from making jokes/comments like those. Consider this a friendly warning.
ofcourse he made a joke with friendly way but we are discussing an issue and if you can make any comments regarding that then you are most welcome

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:15 pm

riz20112011 wrote:
archigabe wrote:
mcovet wrote:

ofcourse he made a joke with friendly way but we are discussing an issue and if you can make any comments regarding that then you are most welcome
Any more sexist offensive jokes from either of you guys will result in a ban.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 pm

I agree my comment was ill mannered and i apologise for any offence caused. I am not in fact sexist and despise amy use of force, domestic violence etc.

Could u tell me how long the -thin ice- stays on? could u use some discretion and reinstate my respected status of a member of standing? Please let me know and once again i didnt mean to condone violence it was a silly joke and well spotted