ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

boone

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by boone » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:57 am

Today it has been a total of 6 months and one day. Not going to give up but dont think I will get anywhere if I call the call centre as the last time I spoke with someone they advised me to wait unitll the end of the month. I have contacted my local MP who has written to Home Office, I have written to the Home Office including my solicitor and I have yet to receive a response. I have also been calling the call centre on numerous occations.

Is this just a case of waiting? Anyone else in a similar situation? Can anything be done?

I see from previous posts that someone has been waiting since 20/02/2014....that is ridiculus! :!:

IvyPala
Newly Registered

Post by IvyPala » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:45 am

[quote="IvyPala"][quote="IvyPala"]Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: Post Office
Date of application: 21 August 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 22 August 2014
Date of debit of fees: 26 August 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 03 September 2014 (Dated 27 August 2014)
Date of receipt of approval: 01 November 2014 (Dated 29 October 2014)
Letter of Invitation for Ceremony: 07 November 2014 (Dated 31 October 2014)
Date of Ceremony: 12 November 2014 (I had to go private for £200, since the next available group ceremony was not until 24 December 2014. Now I am British and proud of it. I have since applied for my passport).

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:05 am

I think I am the one unlucky person who were still waiting since 21st February 2014 I have done everything but unfortunately nothing can helped that is why cantacting MP is just for hope and could be west of time. Anyway I am still hoping for good news.
Best wishes
Babe khyber

abhiyutesh
Newly Registered

Post by abhiyutesh » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:34 am

[quote="abhiyutesh"]Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Brent Cross)
Date of application: 01 Nov 2014
Method of Payment: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: waiting
Date of debit of fees: waiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: waiting
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting[/quote]

Update: Still waiting for receipt from UKBA. Fee has been taken yet either.

mere2319
Newly Registered

Post by mere2319 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Eligibility criteria: ILR 2 years spouse
Language criteria met ielts
Current national turkish
Method of application: soliciter
Date of application: 07/10/14
Payment method: debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/10/14
Date of acknowledgment: 14/10/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 24/10/14 
Date approval received: 17/11/14
Date of ceremony waiting

endivolac
Newly Registered

Post by endivolac » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:18 am

Finally!

Eligibility criteria: 3 yr residency and married to UK citizen (IDL less than 1 month before applying)
Language criteria met: Life in The UK Test + IELTS
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 08/09/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/09/2014
Payment method: Credit card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/09/2014
Date of acknowledgment received: 15/09/2014 (by email)
Date approval received: 17/11/2014 (dated 08/11/2014)
Date of ceremony: TBC

Good luck to all those still waiting!

yannisb
Newly Registered

Post by yannisb » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:53 am

Being from the EU I didn't have to apply for ILR (5yr EEA + spouse is British) but does it speed things up? I applied in early September and have noticed that quite a few members who applied around the same time have already received approval...

pixiebabe
Newly Registered

Post by pixiebabe » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs Spouse of BC + 1 yr ILR
Language criteria met: B1 Trinity + Life in the UK
Method of Application: NCS
Date of application: 10/11/14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/11/14
Payment method: CC
Date of debit or clearance of fees: ??waiting
Date acknowledgement received: ??waiting
Date approval received: ??waiting
Date of ceremony: ??waiting

Irish_English
Newly Registered

Post by Irish_English » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:46 am

yannisb wrote:Being from the EU I didn't have to apply for ILR (5yr EEA + spouse is British) but does it speed things up? I applied in early September and have noticed that quite a few members who applied around the same time have already received approval...

Hi Yannisb,

I was in the same boat as you. 5yr EEA + spouse is British. I applied early July 2014, got my approval letter early October. Roughly 3 months. I had applied via Camden council. Fingers crossed you should get it soon in the next couple of weeks.

mariof
Newly Registered

Post by mariof » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:57 am

yannisb wrote:Being from the EU I didn't have to apply for ILR (5yr EEA + spouse is British) but does it speed things up? I applied in early September and have noticed that quite a few members who applied around the same time have already received approval...
I am also EEA citizen without ILR and applied in early August. Still "under consideration" according to the HO.

mariof
Newly Registered

Post by mariof » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:57 am

I am also EEA citizen without ILR and applied in early August. Still "under consideration" according to the HO.

arsenik1973
Newly Registered

Post by arsenik1973 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Irish_English wrote:

Hi Yannisb,

I was in the same boat as you. 5yr EEA + spouse is British. I applied early July 2014, got my approval letter early October. Roughly 3 months. I had applied via Camden council. Fingers crossed you should get it soon in the next couple of weeks.
i applied on 17th of july on the same boat as you.But still wait and there are many people same even from Ma.So irosh english you are very lucky that you got your naturalisation in short time.well done.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi

I applied in May and still waiting for reply. Not sure how long will it take.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:40 pm

arsenik1973 wrote:
Irish_English wrote:

Hi Yannisb,

i applied on 17th of july on the same boat as you.But still wait and there are many people same even from Ma.So irosh english you are very lucky that you got your naturalisation in short time.well done.
Hi

I applied in May14 and still waiting for reply. I was thinking to phone UKBA however feels like it won't any help. I guess i will have to just wait. There's nothing we can do. Can we?

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:57 pm

mrgsingh wrote:Hi

I applied in May and still waiting for reply. Not sure how long will it take.
Best of luck. I applied in June and still waiting. There seem to be quite a few of us around, so chin up!
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

Soow1234
Newly Registered

Post by Soow1234 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Eligibility criteria: 13 yrs Spouse of BC + 2 yr. But Total staying in UK 3yrs only including 2yrs ILR
Method of Application: NCS EDINBURGH
Date of application: 21/07/14
Date of receipt by UKBA : 23/07/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02/08/14
Date acknowledgement received: 07/08/14
EXTRA
New discovering this forum November 14 I'm a
Before I was believing in this (the good news is no news) after this discovering not believing any more in this. One day up one day down special when the postman not knocks my door .
Notes. NCS I used NOT have any idea about papers work, sham.
Receiving a letter from HO asking me send the original of life in UK test and a new Esol certificate (not the B1 Trinity) because they are not accepted the one I send before was not from approval list. Date of letter was 17/10 Received on 23/10 asking me the deadline will be on 07/11.

Was lucky enough to found a faster exam B1 from Trinity College (travelling 400 miles)
Receiving my certificate on 03/11/14 send and received by HO on 04/11/14 before 3 days of my deadline. And confirming with HO did my new documents get the office and been delivery to my caseworker or her Department. Whatever. The answer it was yes.
So still waiting and waiting, been in pain like those in this forum waiting. Good luck every one

Lcj

Post by Lcj » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:08 pm

I think we should creat a timeline for April,May and June so we know how many have been waiting for long than 5months because some of us are May applicants who have not had anything from them yet.

boone

Post by boone » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Lcj wrote:I think we should creat a timeline for April,May and June so we know how many have been waiting for long than 5months because some of us are May applicants who have not had anything from them yet.
Go for it Lcj....perhpas we should call the time line 'frustratred with the Home Office' :D

Tahadeel

Post by Tahadeel » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:07 pm

babe_khyber wrote:I think I am the one unlucky person who were still waiting since 21st February 2014 I have done everything but unfortunately nothing can helped that is why cantacting MP is just for hope and could be west of time. Anyway I am still hoping for good news.
Best wishes
Babe khyber
Hello
I did apply in the 7th of April and still waiting. But I have FPN with 3 points and £60 fine (not from court), as well I have PCN due to use bus lane (fine's paid on time) and another fine because of parking and was paid on time. The last thing paying for once the council tax.

I have straightforward application 5 years and 1 year ILR (refugee).

I have sent a letter to HO and got useless reply (application is still under process)
As well I have submitted a complain and got a useless reply ( it is actively under consideration and they will be expediting the outstanding enquiries but can't give you an approximate time to reach the decision)
I have contacted the MP and he promised to send a letter to them but I have not heard neither from HO nor from the MP.

Could you give us some background about your application and what have you done so far?

shanw77
Newly Registered

Post by shanw77 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:16 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 1+ 1 Year ILR (2 adults-One Child)
Language Criteria: UK University Degree
Method of application: Immigration Advisor
Date of receipt by UKBA: 6 October 2014
Date of debit of fees: Paid by Cheque
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 15/10/2013 (received 23/10/2014)
Date of receipt of approval: 13/11/2014 (received 18/11/2014)
Date of Ceremony:

Best of luck to all those waiting and thanks for sharing your timelines which was very helpful!
Last edited by shanw77 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a7medibrahim
Newly Registered

Post by a7medibrahim » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Soow1234 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 13 yrs Spouse of BC + 2 yr. But Total staying in UK 3yrs only including 2yrs ILR
Method of Application: NCS EDINBURGH
Date of application: 21/07/14
Date of receipt by UKBA : 23/07/14
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02/08/14
Date acknowledgement received: 07/08/14
EXTRA
New discovering this forum November 14 I'm a
Before I was believing in this (the good news is no news) after this discovering not believing any more in this. One day up one day down special when the postman not knocks my door .
Notes. NCS I used NOT have any idea about papers work, sham.
Receiving a letter from HO asking me send the original of life in UK test and a new Esol certificate (not the B1 Trinity) because they are not accepted the one I send before was not from approval list. Date of letter was 17/10 Received on 23/10 asking me the deadline will be on 07/11.

Was lucky enough to found a faster exam B1 from Trinity College (travelling 400 miles)
Receiving my certificate on 03/11/14 send and received by HO on 04/11/14 before 3 days of my deadline. And confirming with HO did my new documents get the office and been delivery to my caseworker or her Department. Whatever. The answer it was yes.
So still waiting and waiting, been in pain like those in this forum waiting. Good luck every one
I'

I've got same situation as i applied on 13 june 2014, received letter on 22/9/14 that they need new english certificate from different provider, i've send the new english certificate on1/10/2014, no response until now!!! any one same situation???

beehive

Post by beehive » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:55 pm

ILR Date: April 2011
Eligibility criteria:
Language criteria : UK Masters and Bachelors degrees
Current nationality: Commonwealth Country
Method of application: Postal
Council name if NCS used: N/A
Date of application: 03/10/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06/10/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/10/2014/ (Debit)
Date of Acknowledgement: 16/10/2014 ( by email)
Date approval received: Today (18/11/2014) dated 14/11/2014
Date of ceremony: waiting

Good luck to those waiting!

How long does it take to receive the invitation letter pls? Does this come from the HO or the council? Do I need to contact the council or just wait for the letter? Man thanks

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:42 pm

boone wrote:
Lcj wrote:I think we should creat a timeline for April,May and June so we know how many have been waiting for long than 5months because some of us are May applicants who have not had anything from them yet.
Go for it Lcj....perhpas we should call the time line 'frustratred with the Home Office' :D
Agreed. I'm glad I'm not the only one, sad as the underlying reason is. Frustrated is one way of putting it, but right at this very moment, a number of more appropriate words of the four-letter-variety are springing to mind.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

abhiyutesh
Newly Registered

Post by abhiyutesh » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:06 am

Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Brent Cross)
Date of application: 01 Nov 2014
Method of Payment: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: Never received any letter or email but fee has been taken now.
Date of debit of fees: 19 Nov 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: waiting
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of Ceremony: waiting

Soow1234
Newly Registered

Post by Soow1234 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Dear all ,

one more day pass with out the postman knocks my door , waiting any envelop any shape any colour .