ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 am

skr27 wrote:Hello again
got my private ceremony booked for this friday. again great help from city council to understand the personal circumstance and do everything they can to organise it with short notice. :D

will not be able to apply for my passport till next summer unless I can apply it overseas using my naturalisation certificate.
Congrats SKR27. Enjoy

skr27

Post by skr27 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:25 am

Thank you AALI24...
any news from UKBA regarding your application? Mind you, I haven't got the much talked about brown envelope yet.... hope it will arrive before friday.

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:38 am

skr27 wrote:Thank you AALI24...
any news from UKBA regarding your application? Mind you, I haven't got the much talked about brown envelope yet.... hope it will arrive before friday.
Not yet mate, I was thinking to call UKBA but looking at the other messages i thought I wont get any reply either.

Still a long wait for me.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Hello there
I would just give it a try ...i.e. to ring them and see to stop the agonising wait. Unlike what some said here about calling and diverting their time from dealing with cases, the documents from UKBA clearly shows that they have a separate team who deal with phone enquiry. Its not the caseworker team for sure. Just give them a ring and I hope you can get through..

AALI24 wrote:
Not yet mate, I was thinking to call UKBA but looking at the other messages i thought I wont get any reply either.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Hello ILR_Applicant_UK.
thank you for your suggestion.. look like my wait is over... even though I still haven't see the brown envelope

ILR_Applicant_UK wrote:
skr27 wrote:nothing in the post for me today also... :cry:
but this rather to get this post on top of the list
Skr: While you wait, it maybe worth calling the council every now and then to book an oath taking appointment - I would think the HO dispatches naturalisation certs via some sort of secure postal service which would be quicker than the 2nd class service they use to send approval letters.

If they've received your certificate, they'll only ask for your name/home address and then give you an appointment; this would atleast confirm you've been approved :).

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi Skr27,

tried calling them and there is a pre-recorded message "Citizenship applications go through various checks which can be time consuming we dont not provide any update on application made within last six months" How annoying is that?

skr27 wrote:Hello there
I would just give it a try ...i.e. to ring them and see to stop the agonising wait. Unlike what some said here about calling and diverting their time from dealing with cases, the documents from UKBA clearly shows that they have a separate team who deal with phone enquiry. Its not the caseworker team for sure. Just give them a ring and I hope you can get through..

AALI24 wrote:

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Eligibility criteria: Work Permit + Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Method of application: NCS Tower Hamlets
Date of application:06/07/2011
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07/07/2011
Date of debit of fees: 26/07/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Awaiting
Date of receipt of approval: 05/09/2011 (approved on 26/09/2011)
Date of Ceremony: 26/09/2011

Other Updates:

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Hey Guys

I am really worried.....Dont know if my application is approved or not...I called HO last Wednesday (21st Sep) they said decision was made yesterday (on 20th Sep) but as of today no letters yet...

I called HO yesterday and the lady said "we told you a deciosn was made on the 20th but we did not tell you what the decision is...you will get a letter in 7-10 days".... I just called my council they said they have not received anything and that I should contact the HO...I am scared and worried...

What should I do..apart from wait...any guesses...Plz I am really worried
Thanks for your feeeback and support
PK

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:08 pm

PK wrote:Hey Guys

I am really worried.....Dont know if my application is approved or not...I called HO last Wednesday (21st Sep) they said decision was made yesterday (on 20th Sep) but as of today no letters yet...

I called HO yesterday and the lady said "we told you a deciosn was made on the 20th but we did not tell you what the decision is...you will get a letter in 7-10 days".... I just called my council they said they have not received anything and that I should contact the HO...I am scared and worried...

PK
hey mate

dont worry your concil will receive your certificate when home office send them thats why you havnt recicved any letter yet they alwys post by 2nd class and its takes agez to come somtimes more then a week and hope you will receive your approval letter tommoro goodluck.
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

certifcate of naturalisation.

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:16 pm

hi guyz

i have attended ceremony earlier today and got mine certificate of naturalisation not rushing for the passport coz not travelling urgently will post my timline for the passport wheneve i will applly.

goodluck who are still wating and congrats for those who already received their approval

regards
nazia.
NAZIA XX

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Nazia88 wrote:

PK
hey mate

dont worry your concil will receive your certificate when home office send them thats why you havnt recicved any letter yet they alwys post by 2nd class and its takes agez to come somtimes more then a week and hope you will receive your approval letter tommoro goodluck.
Thanks Nazia

I hope what you said comes true..I was/am scared....

Thanks for your support

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:34 pm

PK

do you have any convictions ? do you meet the residency requirement ? do you meet the BC rules ? IF not why should you worry ?

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 pm

simon1111 wrote:

PK

do you have any convictions ? do you meet the residency requirement ? do you meet the BC rules ? IF not why should you worry ?

Hi Simon

I don't have any convictions and I meet all the requirements...but I'm worried because people get the letter in 3-4 days after the decision is made and its been nearly 8 days in my case...

Hope I get my approval soon

Pk

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:12 pm

PK wrote:
simon1111 wrote:

PK

Hi Simon

I don't have any convictions and I meet all the requirements...but I'm worried because people get the letter in 3-4 days after the decision is made and its been nearly 8 days in my case...

Hope I get my approval soon

Pk

mate, sit back and relax and you well get it soon nothing to worry about do let us know what the outcome is.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:45 pm

PK
Hey mate don't worry I got my letter 10-12 days after they told me that decision was made....I think your worrying unnecessarily ....in the mean time think how you are gonna celebrate

skr27

Post by skr27 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Hello PK
just to support to what to rnr79, simon1111 said. the letter could take about 10-12 days. I still have got mine. I know my council has the certificate as I am doing my ceremony tomorrow. Hope you will get a good surprise tomorrow, and think about the celebration like rnr suggested

all the best

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Wow. It has gone so quiet the past two weeks.

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Sam_London wrote:Wow. It has gone so quiet the past two weeks.
I assume you well hear from them soon.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:44 pm

simon1111 wrote:
Sam_London wrote:Wow. It has gone so quiet the past two weeks.
I assume you well hear from them soon.
Thanks Simon. I really hope so! I have more hope getting gradma back from the grave.. :) 5 months and counting..

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks skr27 and rnr79

I really hope that I get the letter soon. Will let you know as soon as I get the confirmation.

Thanks for your support

PK

chocho

Post by chocho » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:37 pm

I applied mid july and application is still in the queue, very depressing. don't know if may/june have been cleared, but can see in forums that some people who applied in july got their approvals already. not sure how applications are treated but what we thought was causing the delays in august seems to be the same for september as I do not have the impression that applications are being dealt with quicker. thoughts ?

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:28 pm

optimism is the way froward.

tintin

Post by tintin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:55 am

looks like they have stopped taking phone calls for status enquiry. My wife applied on 6th July and still hasnt got her approval. She has been trying to ring since the past 2-3 days but there is a recorded message that says that if your application is less than 6 months old, then we cannot give any updates. The call then disconnects on its own.

Any suggestions!

skr27

Post by skr27 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:07 pm

I got my certificate today, had my private ceremony at 10.30 am. Not sure if I have time to apply for my passport. I have to travel next to next week for an overseas appointment and the visa for that need to be processed as well. so not sure if I can afford to send my current passport to IPS and take the risk? I have seen some of the friends here got their passport interview sorted in few days time, but given all the delay I had, I am thinking of applying for my passport from abroad. Not sure what to do with the referees in that case. (i don't know anyone whom I know for 2 years in the country where I will be resident for next 1 year).

sorry to hear that UKBA is not picking up the phone. good luck to tintin, simon, chocho and PK for getting your approval letter quickly. Please note that there is approx. 10-12 days delay since they take a decision to get the letter. I haven;t got my letter (even though I had my ceremony). based on what I heard this morning, my name was there in the list of approvals UKBA send my city council yesterday. but no letter yet. So its possible that its all done and dusted in your case and the post it taking its own time.

chocho

Post by chocho » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Any people who applied in April/May/June are still waiting ?