ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:59 pm

chocho wrote:thx, anyone else applied in April/May/June and still hasn't got his letter ?
My husband applied in March and we are still waiting. But I guess 99% of applications from that period has been already approved.

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Camellia wrote:
chocho wrote:thx, anyone else applied in April/May/June and still hasn't got his letter ?
My husband applied in March and we are still waiting. But I guess 99% of applications from that period has been already approved.

Camellia, hopefully he well hear from them in the next few days
best of luck for both of you.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Camellia, hopefully he well hear from them in the next few days
best of luck for both of you.[/quote]

Thanks Simon :)

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:54 pm

beever

Date of receipt by UKBA: 9/8/2011
Date of debit of fees: 18/8/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/8/2011
Date of receipt of approval: As i have moved i did not get approval letter through (maybe was lost) - Update: found it and it was 20/09/2011
Date of Ceremony: Got congratulations letter from Islington council. Ceremony on 31 October 2011

that was a real super approval comparing it with other's, congrats mate.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:47 pm

hello all
just a quick update. I had my ceremony last friday (30/sep) but still no sight of the brown envelope. I know its academic now that I got the certificate, but its incredible that they take so long to send the approval letter even after sending the certificate to city councils.

bob1979
Newly Registered

Post by bob1979 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:41 pm

:D I got my approval today!! See my timeline in the other thread:

I actually got a letter from the Local Council, saying that my application for BC has been approved, and that they have received my Certificate of Naturalisation, and that I should attend a public ceremony on Nov 30th.
My Council website says they do private ceremonies on request (for a fee, naturally) and I am hoping to do this.

No sign of the letter from the Home Office yet though :( I will need to produce this at the ceremony. I will chase the UKBA tomorrow if I can get through on the phone.

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Congrats mate.

bob1979
Newly Registered

Post by bob1979 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:30 pm

skr27 wrote:hello all
just a quick update. I had my ceremony last friday (30/sep) but still no sight of the brown envelope. I know its academic now that I got the certificate, but its incredible that they take so long to send the approval letter even after sending the certificate to city councils.
Congrats. My Ceremony invitation letter says that I will need to produce the approval letter from the Home Office, did they not ask to see yours?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:53 pm

bob1979 wrote::D I got my approval today!! See my timeline in the other thread:

I actually got a letter from the Local Council, saying that my application for BC has been approved, and that they have received my Certificate of Naturalisation, and that I should attend a public ceremony on Nov 30th.
My Council website says they do private ceremonies on request (for a fee, naturally) and I am hoping to do this.

No sign of the letter from the Home Office yet though :( I will need to produce this at the ceremony. I will chase the UKBA tomorrow if I can get through on the phone.
congrts mate thats realy a good news. i suggest you to do a group ceremony its more fun and memorable if you are in hurry then do it privately, its upto you i offered both but i went for group ceremony and i realy enjoyed it anyway goodluck for the rest of the process.

regards
nazia.
NAZIA XX

abdallah16
Newly Registered

Post by abdallah16 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
bob1979 wrote::D I got my approval today!! See my timeline in the other thread:

congrts mate thats realy a good news. i suggest you to do a group ceremony its more fun and memorable if you are in hurry then do it privately, its upto you i offered both but i went for group ceremony and i realy enjoyed it anyway goodluck for the rest of the process.

regards
nazia.

I submit my at 1/08/11 still wait and wait and full strees

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:17 am

abdallah16 wrote:
I submit my at 1/08/11 still wait and wait and full strees
No need to be "full stressed" - avg timeline is 3-4 months; set your expectations Nov/Dec - if your lucky (I hope you will be) you will get earlier which is always a bonus!

Good luck...

So far I have seen two ppl applied in Aug have recvd the approval... so you might be next!

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:55 am

hi, i applied for my passport on 26th october and still waiting for the letter for passport interview... or return of my docs. is that normal?

called the passport office and they are saying under review and may take upto 6 weeks.

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:14 pm

rightmove wrote:hi, i applied for my passport on 26th october and still waiting for the letter for passport interview... or return of my docs. is that normal?

called the passport office and they are saying under review and may take upto 6 weeks.
It's normal, I applied on 21st and received interview letter on 1st October (after 10 days). Maximum they take 3 weeks. Hope you receive letter soon.

Good Luck.

Winter76
Newly Registered

Post by Winter76 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:27 am

Camellia wrote:
Camellia,
Have you or your husband ever called them to know why is it taking so long?

skr27

Post by skr27 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:39 am

Hello Bob1979
well the registrars office called me to let me know that my certificate has arrived with them on 27th. (infact a day before HO printed my letter). They said I might get the letter before that, but didn't. They did say that sometime the letter will be delayed as it is send out by 2nd class post. but having heard my personal circumstance, they agreed to accept hold the ceremony. they did check my passport to verify the identity. hope it helps.
best
bob1979 wrote:
skr27 wrote:hello all
Congrats. My Ceremony invitation letter says that I will need to produce the approval letter from the Home Office, did they not ask to see yours?

papaluna
Newly Registered

:0

Post by papaluna » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:50 pm

I applied beginning of July and debited fees on 25 july. I have been waiting but I have not received anything, I called HO and I can not go through to ask where in the Queue my process are. Anyone who applied at the same have got any answer? I appreciate your help, this waiting is killing me. :)

simon1111
Newly Registered

Re: :0

Post by simon1111 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:24 pm

papaluna wrote:I applied beginning of July and debited fees on 25 july. I have been waiting but I have not received anything, I called HO and I can not go through to ask where in the Queue my process are. Anyone who applied at the same have got any answer? I appreciate your help, this waiting is killing me. :)

mate so many applicant have applied on early July and they are in similar situation as your self, my advice to you is to wait and think positive you well definitely hear from them soon.

kellyman
Newly Registered

Post by kellyman » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

I am singing songs of praise at the moment as my brown envelop arrived today with my approval dated 29/09/2011. Home office received my application on 15/08/2011. Good luck to all members of the forum still waiting for their approval.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:58 pm

kellyman wrote:I am singing songs of praise at the moment as my brown envelop arrived today with my approval dated 29/09/2011. Home office received my application on 15/08/2011. Good luck to all members of the forum still waiting for their approval.
thats good news congrts...... :)
NAZIA XX

walesky28
Newly Registered

Post by walesky28 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I posted this on the timeline thread as well:

My Application Timelines Are As Follows:

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Non-EEA Family Member Of EEA (Retained Residency) + 1 Year Permanent Residency (Gained August 10th 2010)

Method of application: NCS Wycombe
Date Of NCS Appointment: 12/08/2011
Date of Receipt by UKBA: 16/08/2011
Date of debit of fees: 23/08/11
Date of receipt of Acknowledgement: 02/09/2011 (Dated 30/08/2011)
Date of Receipt of Approval: 07/10/11 (Dated 05/10/2011)
Date of Ceremony: Initial Date For 9th November 2011 Given.
However, I prefer a private ceremony and have arranged one for Thursday 13/10/2011

So in all, from the date of application at the NCS to the Receipt Of Approval, it has taken 8 Weeks exactly.

No phonecalls made, and I didn't chase anything up. I was mentally prepared for a 3 month wait, so having the approval come in the post-
(In a big, brown A4 envelope), over a month early was a pleasant suprise

I suspect that Applications Made From August onwards are now being processed very quickly by the home office.

I also think that there is no ryhme or reason or pattern, so recent applications are being dumped on top of older ones and are being processed first, there being no order of priority for pre-August applications. Also, I don't think Nationality affects the timelines, it's just the luck of the draw, really

So almost there. Good luck everyone with the struggle.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:13 am

Winter76 wrote:
Camellia wrote:
Camellia,
Have you or your husband ever called them to know why is it taking so long?
We called them a month ago and it is still with a caseworker, since end of July :roll: Haven't got any idea what to do.

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:28 pm

Nazia88 wrote:.......

regards
nazia.
Hey Nazia when did you have your ceremony...applied for the passport yet?

haych10

Post by haych10 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi I applied 5th july for naturalisation still nothing com back from home office. Any idea why aug applications r being seen 1st. thanx

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 pm

I really can't describe how I am feeling. My solicitor received a letter from the HO saying that my application has been successful. I have 2 unspent conviction, one of them is Drink and Drive (which is a major conviction).

A lot of people in other forums told me not to waste my money and not to apply but thank God my application is successful. Just be honest and mention everything and you should be fine.

Thank you all :)

abdallah16
Newly Registered

Post by abdallah16 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:48 am

semsem wrote:I really can't describe how I am feeling. My solicitor received a letter from the HO saying that my application has been successful. I have 2 unspent conviction, one of them is Drink and Drive (which is a major conviction).

A lot of people in other forums told me not to waste my money and not to apply but thank God my application is successful. Just be honest and mention everything and you should be fine.

Thank you all :)
Hi mate
When did you submite your application .i see some peopel has been aproved they submited in august