ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 am

chocho wrote:I called DX and they said they tried to deliver the original docs on Tuesday 03/01 (that sounds weird to me because there is no way I could have missed the delivery) so I re-scheduled with them for 06/01
Similar stories posted many times in this and other forums! Not sure what they do

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Any November approvals today from forum members?
This waiting kills :( .I am tempted to lift the phone and call HO but I know this will not fast track my application. By the time the decision comes through, I won’t have any nails left :x .

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi I had my passport interview today but I have failed it I guess cos I couldn't remember my countersignatory name and my father date of birth I was really stressed out can you please let me what's going to happen now.

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:49 pm

oscar22 wrote:Any November approvals today from forum members?
This waiting kills :( .I am tempted to lift the phone and call HO but I know this will not fast track my application. By the time the decision comes through, I won’t have any nails left :x .
I sent my application on 8th of November and still waiting with Patience.

engineer83
Newly Registered

Post by engineer83 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:22 pm

rashidawan wrote:
oscar22 wrote:Any November approvals today from forum members?
I sent my application on 8th of November and still waiting with Patience.
I applied in sept and still no reply !

Miu
Newly Registered

Post by Miu » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:30 am

sonya24 wrote:Hi I had my passport interview today but I have failed it I guess cos I couldn't remember my countersignatory name and my father date of birth I was really stressed out can you please let me what's going to happen now.
Did they actually tell u that u failed?
Nothing to worry about anyway! In the worst case they might return ur application back to IPS and will ask u to fill in a new application with a new countersignatory. Im sure they gonna check him/her this time!
Thats the worst case. Even in that case it will be just a matter of time for u to recieve ur passport!
Keep us posted, pretty unusual case!!
Good luck! all the worst is far behind! U r a British citizen already!

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:23 pm

sonya24 wrote:Hi I had my passport interview today but I have failed it I guess cos I couldn't remember my countersignatory name and my father date of birth I was really stressed out can you please let me what's going to happen now.
I think there shouldn't be any problem. They normally ignore 2-3 wrong answers because they do take stress into account so If you have answered rest of the questions right then you will be fine.

You can actually ring them and ask them when you should be expecting ur passport...keep ur application ref no ready before calling them. They will tell you the progress as they aren't like Home office staff :!:

Good Luck :)

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Will Singh wrote:
sonya24 wrote:Hi everyone i have recieved my passport and naturlisation certificate from ips yesterday i rang them today to find out the progress and they told me that my application is accepted and a letter to book an interview has been printed so it will take a couple of days i wanted to find out if i can book an interview without the letter does anyone has the number for them. Thanks
0300 222 0000 I got the reference number from here.

0300 222 1000 Thats the booking line number.

I hope that helps,

Will.
Hi will how did your wife interview go I had mine on the 6th but it wasn't that good I couldn't answer 2 questions really worried now at the end of interview the guy told me tht you will receive a letter in 4 working days did they say anything like that to your wife?

Will Singh
Mood:

Post by Will Singh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 am

sonya24 wrote:
Will Singh wrote:
sonya24 wrote:Hi everyone i have recieved my passport and naturlisation certificate from ips yesterday i rang them today to find out the progress and they told me that my application is accepted and a letter to book an interview has been printed so it will take a couple of days i wanted to find out if i can book an interview without the letter does anyone has the number for them. Thanks
0300 222 0000 I got the reference number from here.

0300 222 1000 Thats the booking line number.

I hope that helps,

Will.
Hi will how did your wife interview go I had mine on the 6th but it wasn't that good I couldn't answer 2 questions really worried now at the end of interview the guy told me tht you will receive a letter in 4 working days did they say anything like that to your wife?
My wife's English is not that good and she didn't answer all her questions as I could hear the interview. At the end of the interview the guy said "you should receive your passport in 4 working days" are you sure that's not what he said to you?

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:12 am

I don't know I was so stressed out that I don't even remember what he told me I was totally blank I don't know what happened to me where was your wife's interview?

Will Singh
Mood:

Post by Will Singh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:25 am

It was in chelmsford and lasted no more then 10 mins, why dont you phone them up and find out whats happening, at least you will know whats happening and even if they have failed you then the worst thing they can do is make you apply again.

Relax your a British Citizen so the hard parts over believe me.

Did he say you failed the Interview?

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:52 am

I know the worst part is that I have lost my application number and I need to travel on the 17 th of January:(

Will Singh
Mood:

Post by Will Singh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Sonya all I can suggest is that you ring them explaining you've lost the reference or wait for the post which fingers crossed it will be a Passport.

I phoned them today to ask about my wife's and they said it was printed on the 6th and is waiting for DX Secure to pick it up. So just wait for 3/4 days for them to post whatever they said they will post.

Good Luck and I hope the post will bring you joy.

Will.

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi thanks for the suggestion will I got the application number I went all the way to the postoffice where I applied for my passport and got it from there phewwww:p I rang them and got to know that my passport was printed on the 6th and waiting for the courier to be picked up finalllly I am relaxed.thank you so much for your help:)

aadam09
Newly Registered

Post by aadam09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi guys I'm new here me and.my husband are going to apply for his BC after 26th Jan the day he came to UK. Was just wondering do you need many documents with this application I read the guide lines and it looked like you don't. And we bought a house last year but put it on rent straightway it is still on rent and will be for at least a year do I have to sent some docs regarding that. If yes like what shud I send.if some one wud be kind enough to tell me it wud be great as a lot of people have gone thru the process

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 pm

aadam09 wrote:Hi guys I'm new here me and.my husband are going to apply for his BC after 26th Jan the day he came to UK. Was just wondering do you need many documents with this application I read the guide lines and it looked like you don't. And we bought a house last year but put it on rent straightway it is still on rent and will be for at least a year do I have to sent some docs regarding that. If yes like what shud I send.if some one wud be kind enough to tell me it wud be great as a lot of people have gone thru the process
You are right. Naturalisation application doesn't require a lot of evidence. Depending on your circumstances, you might just need to provide your passport. Documents regarding your property is not usually needed (unless you don't meet the rules and would like discretion to be applied in your case).
See last page of the application form (Form AN) for a list of the required documents.

Will Singh
Mood:

Post by Will Singh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 pm

sonya24 wrote:Hi thanks for the suggestion will I got the application number I went all the way to the postoffice where I applied for my passport and got it from there phewwww:p I rang them and got to know that my passport was printed on the 6th and waiting for the courier to be picked up finalllly I am relaxed.thank you so much for your help:)
Congratulations :D :D :D , when you said the interviewer said wait 4 working days for the post i thought that what they said to my wife and maybe you miss heard them :wink:

All good now and I hope you enjoy your holiday 8)

d_76
Newly Registered

Late oct/nov approval

Post by d_76 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Hello All,

Has anyone got approval for the application made on or after 25/oct/2011?

Regards
D

aadam09
Newly Registered

Post by aadam09 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:51 pm

has any one used the NCS service....it is any good or worth it? or best just use the post office

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:53 pm

sonya24 wrote:Hi thanks for the suggestion will I got the application number I went all the way to the postoffice where I applied for my passport and got it from there phewwww:p I rang them and got to know that my passport was printed on the 6th and waiting for the courier to be picked up finalllly I am relaxed.thank you so much for your help:)
Congratulations Sonya24....I remember you applied the say day as mine in May 11. What was the reason it took you so long? or you had some gap between naturalisation approval and passport application....

Will Singh
Mood:

Post by Will Singh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 am

We just recieved my wife's passport in the post, it took just under 4 weeks, so its not bad as there was the Christmas and New years break in between.

I would like to thank all the members for there help through good times and bad, it is well worth the wait and patience in the key for all the people still waiting.

Good luck and God bless.

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi all i recieved my passport today I have finally completed my journey to British citizenship thanks to the forum and all the members.I need help regarding my friends naturlisation she came to uk on 27th November 2005 on spouse visa she then applied for ilr after 2 years but ukba kept asking for more documents in that meanwhile she became a victim of domestic violence her husband was sent to prison for three years she was given ilr on domestic violence basis on 24th July 2008 but then she went to her home country in march 2010 and stayed there for 6 months that's more than 90 days.she has now completed 6 years in November 2011 in uk.can she apply for naturlisation now or she has to wait 5 years from when she was given ilr on domestic violence basis.thanks

anear
Newly Registered

Post by anear » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:10 pm

It's worth only if you need passport during the 3-4 months. If you don't travel abroad during this period, there is no need to waste £53

[quote="aadam09"]has any one used the NCS service....it is any good or worth it? or best just use the post office[/quote]

anear
Newly Registered

Post by anear » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:27 pm

No need to worry. Now the average time between 'received by HO' and debit fees is 1 month. Have they debited the fee now?

[quote="AlexS"]Hi,

I applied through NCS on 26/11, the application was received by HO on 1/12 (bit long for a special delivery), and so far I haven't received any aknowledgement, nor any money has been taken from my CC.

I know with the holidays season everything is a bit slower, but still I read here that everyone got the ack letter around 2 weeks after applying, and it's more than 4 since I applied.

Should I be worried?[/quote]

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:18 am

aadam09 wrote:has any one used the NCS service....it is any good or worth it? or best just use the post office
Did use it as not able to be without both our passports for an indefinite amount of time.

From the getting the docs straight back point of view it was good, I am not sure they (westminster) added any value other than that though as they only very much scan read the form and I'm sure wouldnt have picked up on anything done wrong and they give you no warranty on the work they do.