ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Passport

Post by noble72uk » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:46 am

Machikkoz wrote:Hi all
Can someone help me wat are the procedure applying for British passport after BC approved

Thanks
-Application from and read the guide+ better use the post office Check and send
-Certificate of BC
-Two photos one need to be signed by a referee
-you passport
-The Fees

Machikkoz
Newly Registered

Post by Machikkoz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:29 am

Home office lost my passport so don't have one

inglasias
Newly Registered

Post by inglasias » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 am

HI,

I was wondering if anyone can help. My cousin has been illegal in this country for 22years. He has finally sorted out his papers and was granted ILR under the 14 years illegal rule last year in September 2011.

My question is when will he be eligible to apply for British Citizen?? after one year or more?

Anyone in a similar situation?

Many Thanks

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:00 am

inglasias wrote:HI,

I was wondering if anyone can help. My cousin has been illegal in this country for 22years. He has finally sorted out his papers and was granted ILR under the 14 years illegal rule last year in September 2011.

My question is when will he be eligible to apply for British Citizen?? after one year or more?

Anyone in a similar situation?

Many Thanks
Hi if he was granted ILR under the 14 years illegal rule last year in September 2011. he needs to apply after september 2016 which is 5 years. I know a friend who has been in he same case as your cousin and applied just one years after the ILR last March his application was refused.
If your cousin is married to a partner who is BC then he can apply after september 2014 which is 3 years.

inglasias
Newly Registered

Post by inglasias » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:49 am

Many Thanks noble72uk. Your advice is appreciated.

regards

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Looking at the Passport Timeline thread, can we still 'count' on return of the documents within 4weeks/1 month period?

I don't mind that interview can be some time later [when suitable for both me and IPS], but I would need my original passport for a short trip month later.

I assume that paying £3 for Secure Delivery would expedite this a bit, compared to normal 2nd class delivery?

Does anyone know if sending passport application to Newport is a good or a bad thing in terms of processing time?

madihi
Newly Registered

Post by madihi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:50 am

HeartGambler wrote:
madihi wrote:same thing for me. I applied for first passport on July 13th and they told me max 3 weeks. I have called back this morning and they say it could take a few more weeks as the examiner hasn't started lookign at it. I told them that i was planning to travel based on their initial assessment of timeline and their reply was that there is nothing they could do as they are an advice service.

really dont know what to do. Raising a complaint would that make any difference?
Do you know which office is dealing with your application.
Durham office

Machikkoz
Newly Registered

Post by Machikkoz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Hi all
Please may you help with some advice,I'm in the process of applying my first British passport after BC approved.My problem is on the form it's saying I need to send the passport I have entered UK with. I actually don't have that passport,the Home office lost my passport I never got it back.
So I don't know what to do

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Please may you help with some advice,I'm in the process of applying my first British passport after BC approved.My problem is on the form it's saying I need to send the passport I have entered UK with. I actually don't have that passport,the Home office lost my passport I never got it back.
Hi just send your current passport

Machikkoz
Newly Registered

Post by Machikkoz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:55 pm

noble72uk wrote:
I don't have a passport I forgot to say

theautomator
Newly Registered

Post by theautomator » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:57 am

Machikkoz wrote:
noble72uk wrote:
I don't have a passport I forgot to say
On the form, there is a space to fill in details and an explanation for a lost or stolen passport.

You should probably also attempt to obtain a replacement of the lost passport from the country where it's from.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi there,

For those of you who have managed to get an update from UKBA before 6 mos, pls advise how you managed to do so. I thought I would try my luck today and called the number that was on the acknowledgement letter and just to see what they say. All I was told was that if it is under 6 months it wouldnt be on their system yet so they can only give info after 6 months.

chipmunk1

Post by chipmunk1 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi all, I need an advice.
I've just booked an interview for my firs british passport. Do I need to bring any documents with me on that day?

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:36 pm

chipmunk1 wrote:Hi all, I need an advice.
I've just booked an interview for my firs british passport. Do I need to bring any documents with me on that day?
Just the interview letter.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi Chipmunk,

How long did it take to get your original documents sent back to you.
Many thanks

chipmunk1

Post by chipmunk1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:28 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi Chipmunk,

How long did it take to get your original documents sent back to you.
Many thanks
Hi juliajules1979,
It's 1 months since I applied for my first passport.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Chipmunk,
Thank you for your reply. Did you get your original documents back before your interview letter or after?

Many thanks

chipmunk1

Post by chipmunk1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:19 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi Chipmunk,
Thank you for your reply. Did you get your original documents back before your interview letter or after?

Many thanks
Before

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:32 am

thank you

iereboy
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by iereboy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Yay! I had my ceremony on Wednesday! I am finally a British Citizen. I am so pleased. I feel it is truly an honour and I am so proud. The ceremony was just under an hour. There were 28 new citizens. I was so emotional singing the national anthem as a British person. Was such an amazing day.

I was shocked some people were in jeans and jumpers. Most people were smartly dressed. Everyone was so happy. Was one of the best days in my life. I truly felt proud for everyone there even though they were all strangers. It was this joyous ceremony which brought 28 strangers from all over the world together for an hour of happiness.

Good luck to all those who are waiting for their lovely brown envelope. You just have to have patience. Its BLOODY HARD!!! I know! I 've been there checking the post box every day, before work, after work, on my lunch hour, several different times on the same day just in case the post man had forgotten my house that day and came back and for all sorts of other CRAZY reasons. It sends you insane but be patient. Oh and getting the neighbours and friends to check when you're not there! In my heart I knew I would be accepted cause I have done everything by the book. Its just that little doubt in my head that I thought they could refuse for stupid things like signature was not right, or wrong form filled in or something's not right on a public register. It does send you a bit wacky.

My entire time frame from application to ceremony was about 6 months in total. I was one of the last people from Feburary to get accepted even though my application got accepted in April 2nd. They took their bloody time to send the letter.

Again don't panic for those waiting for the envelope. It will come. Its only a small percentage which gets refused. Don't panic. I can now move on now to the passport time frame now - once I get around to that. Haha.

Good luck.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm

iereboy wrote: I was shocked some people were in jeans and jumpers. Most people were smartly dressed.
At mine, one guy was in a T-shirt and and another was wearing a hat throughout the whole event :shock:

There were 12 people already booked when I got a place at the ceremony few days prior, but in the end there were only 5 of us there on the day.

desiworld
Newly Registered

hi

Post by desiworld » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:07 pm

In Harrow there were 58 new citizens and as others have said few were smartly dressed, few in jeans and t-shirts. There is no as such a dress code. Its upto individuals.
Only thing lacking was the enthusiasm in taking the oath and singing the national anthem. 58 people but still it was so low pitch.

Well, best luck to all new citizens.

desiworld
Newly Registered

original certificate

Post by desiworld » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Dear all,
I would like to know, if, I use post office check and send service for my first passport, do I need to send original certificate or will they photocopy and return me the original back?

Please advice.
Many thanks.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: original certificate

Post by jms_uk » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:11 pm

desiworld wrote:Dear all,
I would like to know, if, I use post office check and send service for my first passport, do I need to send original certificate or will they photocopy and return me the original back?

Please advice.
Many thanks.
Original is sent with the application.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: original certificate

Post by noble72uk » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:55 pm

desiworld wrote:Dear all,

Please advice.
Many thanks.
as JMS Said original certificate

+ your Current passport