ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chipmunk1

Post by chipmunk1 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:50 am

Hi all,
Could you tell me what time usually DX delivers passports? Is it more in the mornings or evenings?

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 am

chipmunk1 wrote:Hi all,
Could you tell me what time usually DX delivers passports? Is it more in the mornings or evenings?
I guess it depends on the region and how far is their depot. They delivered around 9AM in our region.

vrks
Newly Registered

Post by vrks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:29 am

Hi just wanted to know one thing
I submitted my passport application on thursday
I wanted to know how to find out or if there is a way to find out if my application was recvd by ips or no
I called ips yesterday and they declined to give me any info before 3 weeks time. Although I told them clearly that I am just trying to find out if you guys have recvd my application yet or no as it has my passport in it.
The guy from ips said go online on direct.gov.com and find it there
I was shocked to know that this person did not even know the correct website to go on to and guided him instead of him helping me.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:08 am

vrks wrote: The guy from ips said go online on direct.gov.com and find it there
I was shocked to know that this person did not even know the correct website to go on to and guided him instead of him helping me.
So, did you find out?

theautomator
Newly Registered

Post by theautomator » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 am

The people on the advice line are useless. Every time I've called, I've got a different answer to the same question. Some are friendly, some are unhelpful, but they are all clueless.

vrks
Newly Registered

Post by vrks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:25 am

jms_uk wrote:
vrks wrote: The guy from ips said go online on direct.gov.com and find it there
So, did you find out?
No mate nothing
Its been a week and its just a bit frustrating now
I know turnaround time is about a month and I am more than happy to wait for it but atleast they can tell us if they got our application or not
I went online n to track your application there is a form that needs to be submitted. I did that yesterday and still awaiting response.
If I am not wrong I saw on ips website somewhere that there is a way to track the application but I can't find the link now.
Will let you know if I find it.

vrks
Newly Registered

Post by vrks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 am

theautomator wrote:The people on the advice line are useless. Every time I've called, I've got a different answer to the same question. Some are friendly, some are unhelpful, but they are all clueless.

Just wondering how people who post in the timeline section get to know when there application was received by IPS coz for me its still a mystery

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 am

vrks wrote:I went online n to track your application there is a form that needs to be submitted. I did that yesterday and still awaiting response.
I think it says not to use that form until two weeks have passed from the date of applying.

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:40 am

vrks wrote:
theautomator wrote:The people on the advice line are useless. Every time I've called, I've got a different answer to the same question. Some are friendly, some are unhelpful, but they are all clueless.

Just wondering how people who post in the timeline section get to know when there application was received by IPS coz for me its still a mystery
You will get a response for the form you submitted. In that response they will mention what date they recieved it.

Which service you use to send? post or check and send?

vrks
Newly Registered

Post by vrks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:57 am

manoj123 wrote:
vrks wrote:

You will get a response for the form you submitted. In that response they will mention what date they recieved it.

Which service you use to send? post or check and send?
I used check and send

madihi
Newly Registered

Post by madihi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:07 pm

vrks wrote:

they should tell you when you asked them over the phone. But it doesnt necessarily involve that they are dealing with it

vrks
Newly Registered

Post by vrks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:54 pm

madihi wrote:
vrks wrote:

they should tell you when you asked them over the phone. But it doesnt necessarily involve that they are dealing with it
That's the whole problem its gonna be a week that I submitted my application tomorrow and I still don't know if it ever reached ips office or no. Infact I took a guaranteed next day delivery prepaid envelope with me so that it can reach next day and also can be tracked but the guy in post office said that they wouldn't let me send in that as there is a different procedure to send applications to ips so really don't know what's going on. I'll call them and try my luck again in next few hours.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:38 pm

vrks wrote:That's the whole problem its gonna be a week that I submitted my application tomorrow and I still don't know if it ever reached ips office or no. Infact I took a guaranteed next day delivery prepaid envelope with me so that it can reach next day and also can be tracked but the guy in post office said that they wouldn't let me send in that as there is a different procedure to send applications to ips so really don't know what's going on. I'll call them and try my luck again in next few hours.
I also used Check & Send at local Post Office, but they forwarded it on to IPS in a Special Delivery envelope. They gave me the tracking number, so I could see that my application reached Newport next morning.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Hiya

Do you know if they send Passport Interview letter out 1st or second class post, says second class but a friend ofmine got it 1st class.

Many thanks

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:29 pm

juliajules1979 wrote:Hiya

Do you know if they send Passport Interview letter out 1st or second class post, says second class but a friend ofmine got it 1st class.

Many thanks
Maybe it differs between passport offices - which one was he dealing with?

gaku

Passport

Post by gaku » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 pm

jms_uk wrote:
juliajules1979 wrote:Hiya

Many thanks
Maybe it differs between passport offices - which one was he dealing with?
Hello guys I did receive 2 letters both was first class first was say book a appointment and second 1 after I booked my appointment saying my appointment is booked

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Thanks for your replies. Nay idea when i will get my supporting docs back, got interview letter yesterday but no docs back yet!

Brighteyes
- thin ice -

Post by Brighteyes » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:24 pm

It's now 4 weeks since my BC application and I find waiting without any information regarding the processing of my application is causing me some anxiety problems and is stressing me out. Mainly because I don't like being left in the dark and this situation is very similar to that. Very much the idea of having to fold my hands for 6months with no information while I wait a reply from the HO. They could make a decision in 4weeks, 6weeks, 8 weeks, 11 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months or longer But we don't know as we are just waiting blindly to be notified of a decision.

I think to myself in this digital era of IT, why don't they have an on-line system where we can log-in and view the stage and progress of our application. This means of being kept informed and up to date with the progress of your application would help to relive the anxiety of a lot of people.

So how do you cope with the anxiety of not knowing and waiting for a decision? Any tips and advice would go a long way.

It is said "Patience is a virtue"!

iereboy
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by iereboy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 pm

The best tip is to forget about it.

From start to ceremony, mine was a 6 months waiting game.
Just put a date in your calendar 6 months after you applied. When that's past, then start making enquires. You are in very early stages. There is no easy way to deal with it. Keep yourself busy. Do loads of overtime at work if you can to keep yourself busy. Go to the gym loads, whatever it takes to "fool" yourself.

Its a mind over matter. Only you can make the waiting process easier or harder. As many before have also said, it would be much easier, if there was a stage by stage online tracker. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon....

Good luck and keep busy.

vrks
Newly Registered

Post by vrks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:50 pm

jms_uk wrote:
vrks wrote:That's the whole problem its gonna be a week that I submitted my application tomorrow and I still don't know if it ever reached ips office or no. Infact I took a guaranteed next day delivery prepaid envelope with me so that it can reach next day and also can be tracked but the guy in post office said that they wouldn't let me send in that as there is a different procedure to send applications to ips so really don't know what's going on. I'll call them and try my luck again in next few hours.
I also used Check & Send at local Post Office, but they forwarded it on to IPS in a Special Delivery envelope. They gave me the tracking number, so I could see that my application reached Newport next morning.

I called them again later and they said they have got my application on monday, so now i have to wait for another 2 to 3 weeks which i have no problem as lng as i know that they have got all my docs

Brighteyes
- thin ice -

Post by Brighteyes » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 am

iereboy wrote:The best tip is to forget about it.

From start to ceremony, mine was a 6 months waiting game.
Just put a date in your calendar 6 months after you applied. When that's past, then start making enquires. You are in very early stages. There is no easy way to deal with it. Keep yourself busy. Do loads of overtime at work if you can to keep yourself busy. Go to the gym loads, whatever it takes to "fool" yourself.

Its a mind over matter. Only you can make the waiting process easier or harder. As many before have also said, it would be much easier, if there was a stage by stage online tracker. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon....

Good luck and keep busy.
Thanks for the Tips. Very useful advice, will take it all on board.

theautomator
Newly Registered

Post by theautomator » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:06 am

vrks wrote: I went online n to track your application there is a form that needs to be submitted. I did that yesterday and still awaiting response.
It took them 5 days to respond when I used the form.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:47 am

Hiya

Recieved my Inyerview letter on the 21/08 booked my interview for the 30/08, still havent recieved my supporting documents back yet and need them urgently as cannot work until I have them as cannot renew my taxi licence. Has anybody else had to wait for the return on their supporting documents. Apparently one of the advisors said I may get them back a week after my passport interview! Has anybody else heard of this

Many thanks

boudia
Newly Registered

passport application ips-partnership -post office refund

Post by boudia » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 am

i applied on 1 august 2012
got my documents back on 24 august 2012
letter to book interview on 24 august 2012
and onother one from ips saying POST OFFICE REFUND
"thank you for your recent application sent to us through our partner post office ltd.unfortunately,before we could issue your passport we need to make further enquiries.as the application was not correct. as you applied using the partnership check and send service .you are eligible for a refund of the post office handling charge"

did that mean they will cancel my application for passport? hans guys for help

Aborigine
Newly Registered

Benefits effects on British Citizenship applications

Post by Aborigine » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Hello Folks ,

I have been reading this forum website for a very long time. I got my first marriage settlement visa and then my ILR using this precious knowledge source so thank you so much for everything you shared here.

I am approaching the finale , as you guess British Citizenship (Happy ending ) and I have a question . I didn’t want to create pollution in the forum space as you know there are far too many topics so I chose this section if this is wrong I am sorry , forgive me.

Yes dear forum society ; I have been having problems at work which seems unsolvable even though I tried everything. I am planning to give notice , leave my job and apply for Job Seekers Allowance for a while (Until I find another job) In this case , would my British Citizenship application be effected ? would they refuse or suspend my citizenship because of getting benefits.

I am going to apply for my British Citizenship next March 2013 so 7 months to go and nightmares have already started .

Thanks for your replies in advance.
Cheers