ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ash210

Post by ash210 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 pm

emarketeruk, which council did you book ur ceremony with? and did you receive ur invitation letter on the same day as approval, the reason i am asking is my application has been approved yesterday and my solicitor got the approval letter today and he called me and said as soon as he receives the invitation he will post them to me, now can i book the ceremony(private) without waiting for invitation
regards
ash

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 am

ash210, Its quite surprising why different people receive reply in different ways. I got only one letter which says my application for nationality has been approved & I should get in touch with my council details (given below in the letter) to book my ceremony within 21 days. I received my letter on Saturday, but when I called first thing Monday, I expected them to say something like “call back after few days" or “wait for invitation from us” etc as this is what many people have experienced.

But to my surprise, they took my reference number & confirmed they are able to offer me the Tuesday ceremony which was great. Mine was Waybridge Office (Surrey City Council), eventhough i applied through Hounslow NCS

going private doesn't mean you can book without invitation. it just enables you to be able to book an earlier date as per your availability

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:12 am

Hi All,
I am aware there is an online form you can fill to request status update for your passport application. Can someone point me to the link as I am not able to locate it in the forum please?

Thanks in advance

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:40 am

why is grand parents details necessary to be sent with passport application? i see this info as irrelevant really. also i think it will be a struggle to obtain some of these details.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:23 pm

This afternoon , tried my luck regarding my citizenship application , got through and spoke with a guy . I asked him if they had received my application last month and he said i should check with Royal mail track and b4 he finished i cut him and said i wanted to know if the details are on the system/database . He wanted to say something then i quickly cut him again and told him its important i know this because i need peace of mind on this , and then he just said "ok , gimme your details" , i gave him and he checked . He said they have everything on the system and its going through the checks then after that passed to the caseworker , and i was , "ok , cheers see ya end of October when i will be back to check !!"

Any thoughts ? I also wanted to know about my passport coz i m dying to go on holiday , my gf is nagging me about this . The bad thing is i sent my original documents by post since i didn't want to waste my money on these NCS people , who rip people off for nothing .

Dee007
Newly Registered

Contact UKBA

Post by Dee007 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:24 am

Hi guyz please can somebody give me the HO contact number and options to select to get to somebody about progress of my BC application. Thanks

trs2011
- thin ice -

Re: Contact UKBA

Post by trs2011 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Dee007 wrote:Hi guyz please can somebody give me the HO contact number and options to select to get to somebody about progress of my BC application. Thanks
Call 08450105200 , press option 2 , then option 2 again and you will speak to someone , ignore the stupid message of saying not to call if you have applied within 6 months , its fake :lol: :lol:

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm

or the cheaper version 01516725626

Jellybean123
Newly Registered

Post by Jellybean123 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:48 pm

YAY my invitation letter came today now to book my ceremony and then get my application off for my passport!

ola1

Post by ola1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 pm

emarketeruk wrote:Hi All,
i completed my ceremony today & became a british citizen :D it was such an experience. All the best for all of you & i am sure your memorable day is not long away... sending my passport application tomorrow 8) ken, ola1.. thanks for both of you!!!
congrats mate. so happy for you. sorry for been late to respond

ola1

Post by ola1 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:50 pm

kel wrote:why is grand parents details necessary to be sent with passport application? i see this info as irrelevant really. also i think it will be a struggle to obtain some of these details.
i cant actually understand why the question is been ask anyways. and please have been able to find answer to ether we do really need to supply this info?

i have also got information from the HO regarding the amendmen/correction of my DOB on my certificate and i was told that it has been corrected on 12/10/12 and posted to my address which i am still waiting for now but i know it can't be a long wait like that of approver letter. :lol:

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:50 am

ola1 wrote: i cant actually understand why the question is been ask anyways.
Because sometimes, citizenship can be based on you parents [and by connection, maternal grandparents].

I don't know why so many people are complaining about this. Either you know [or your parents know], or just write 'not known'.

ola1

Post by ola1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 am

jms_uk wrote:
Because sometimes, citizenship can be based on you parents [and by connection, maternal grandparents].

I don't know why so many people are complaining about this. Either you know [or your parents know], or just write 'not known'.[/quot

a lot of people will complain about was they can't find answer to, remember this site is to enlighten everyone of anything we don't know or understand.
thanks anyways for the knowledge share and can you please confirm if it appropriate to put "not known"?, has any member use this "not known" please?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:41 am

ola1 wrote:
jms_uk wrote:

I don't know why so many people are complaining about this. Either you know [or your parents know], or just write 'not known'.[/quot

a lot of people will complain about was they can't find answer to, remember this site is to enlighten everyone of anything we don't know or understand.
thanks anyways for the knowledge share and can you please confirm if it appropriate to put "not known"?, has any member use this "not known" please?
See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Passport.

helpmepleasee
Newly Registered

Post by helpmepleasee » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:48 pm

why does it take forever for the public ceremony, got mine on the 3rd of November can't wait

one question though, for the passport application can i use my Doctor (GP) as my referee ? i ask because i read a while ago someone got their application refused because of using GP as a ref.....

cutmeloose
Newly Registered

Post by cutmeloose » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 pm

OK, so I'm 19 years old. I've lived in the UK all my life and have never left the country, therefore do not have a passport. I'm trying to apply for British registration, but I understandably don't have any letters to prove that I was here from 0-10. My primary school doesn't even exist anymore. Can anything be done?

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:06 am

helpmepleasee wrote:why does it take forever for the public ceremony
It is something to do with your council, I suppose.

I received my approval letter on Friday, and same day booked the [public] ceremony for the following Monday.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:20 am

Dear all,

yesterday me and my wife attended our citizenship cermony(private) in basingstoke council.

Though appt is scheduled @ 10 AM we went a bit early and the polite lady started the process immediately.

I think the whole process was completed in about 20 min and we were given the certificates and we took some snaps.

Good luck for everyone who are waiting for the same.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 am

jms_uk wrote:
helpmepleasee wrote:why does it take forever for the public ceremony
It is something to do with your council, I suppose.

I received my approval letter on Friday, and same day booked the [public] ceremony for the following Monday.
you are so lucky! i have to wait almost a month for my ceremony

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Post by dolphingirl47 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:16 pm

I am a little confused at the moment. I know that a few people have posted that they were waiting for their letter of invitation. I got this today, dated 12th October. Should I have got something else? The letter provides the contact details for my local council, a breakdown on the details that will appear on my certificate and on the back some Guidance Notes including the wording of the Oath/ Affirmation of Allegiance and the Pledge.

Corinna

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:28 pm

dolphingirl47 wrote:I am a little confused at the moment. I know that a few people have posted that they were waiting for their letter of invitation. I got this today, dated 12th October. Should I have got something else? The letter provides the contact details for my local council, a breakdown on the details that will appear on my certificate and on the back some Guidance Notes including the wording of the Oath/ Affirmation of Allegiance and the Pledge.

Corinna
That's it - contact your council to book the ceremony.

emarketeruk

Post by emarketeruk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:39 am

i got my passport interview leter today, 20th October, Called & managed to get Victoria on 24th Wednesday :D ...Hopefully i should have my passport by next weekend.. all the best for all of you :D
very quick processing as it only took 10 days to get interview letter..

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Post by dolphingirl47 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:41 pm

jms_uk wrote:That's it - contact your council to book the ceremony.
Thanks, I contacted them yesterday and they told me to ring back Monday, which I will do. I was just surprised as a lot of people seem to get a separate approval letter and then have to wait for the invitation and I just got the invitation straightaway.

Corinna

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:45 pm

dolphingirl47 wrote: Thanks, I contacted them yesterday and they told me to ring back Monday, which I will do. I was just surprised as a lot of people seem to get a separate approval letter and then have to wait for the invitation and I just got the invitation straightaway.

Corinna
As far as I understood, separate letters are issued for postal applications. And single letter for the ones made through NCS.

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Post by dolphingirl47 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:51 pm

jms_uk wrote:
dolphingirl47 wrote: Thanks, I contacted them yesterday and they told me to ring back Monday, which I will do. I was just surprised as a lot of people seem to get a separate approval letter and then have to wait for the invitation and I just got the invitation straightaway.

Corinna
As far as I understood, separate letters are issued for postal applications. And single letter for the ones made through NCS.
That would explain it. I applied through NCS Manchester. I did not want to risk being without a passport for up to 6 months. Thanks again.

Corinna