ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Helpmeplease, your ceremony was long. Which council was it with? Mine was with Camden and the ceremony itself was abt 30 mins while the registration before was abt 30 mins as well.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Happytohelp, which office did u hv ur passport interview? I am in london and from other people's comments it seem they r very busy. I am willing to go a little bit further if necessary.

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 am

kel wrote:Happytohelp, which office did u hv ur passport interview? I am in london and from other people's comments it seem they r very busy. I am willing to go a little bit further if necessary.
Try Chelmsford, I got there in 3 days

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks. I will decide once i get my interview letter. I only made mt application last wednesday.

helpmepleasee
Newly Registered

Post by helpmepleasee » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:09 pm

kel wrote:Helpmeplease, your ceremony was long. Which council was it with? Mine was with Camden and the ceremony itself was abt 30 mins while the registration before was abt 30 mins as well.
leeds, the whole process from start to finish was well over 2 hours, anyway glad it's out of the way so to speak

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:31 pm

kel wrote:Hey all,

Finally, I had my citizenship ceremony today! I arrived at the town hall about 9:45am. As expected, registration started at about 10am and the actual ceremony started at about 10:30am. The whole thing was over by 11am.

All went well and as expected there were a diverse group of people (45 people in total). I was a little bit disappointed that a number of fellow new citizens didn't make an effort and turned up in jeans, trainers and hoodies. The majority however were quite presentable. Another minor issue were noisy/illmannered children who were sitting with guests. A couple of them were requested to leave the room as it was a right pain with them making noise in the middle of the mayor's speech. Please guys, if you have to bring your children please ensure they can remain silent and are well behaved as otherwise they spoil the experience for others.

After the ceremony there were refreshments.

Also, I went straight to the post office to send off my passport application. The check and send lady found all in order except she wa abit wary about my signed photo as the counter-signatory only wrote my first and last name i.e. my middle name was not mentioned. The check and send lady said they might write to me and request another but she wasn't sure. Anyhow, as my counter-signatory is travelling until next week anyway, I decided to take the risk and send it off as is. If the contact me I will just have to arrange for a corrected one to be sent however at the moment I am hoping it won't be an issue. Anyone else had similar experience?
IPS didn't request a new photo afterall.......got my original docs back today. :)

sonrak
Newly Registered

Wrong title on interview letter

Post by sonrak » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:10 pm

I applied on 5th Nov through Check and Send, for my wife, 2 kids and myself for British Passport.
Today my wife got the letter to arrange for the interview but the letter did not have her first name and the title of her name was Miss instead of Mrs. The surname has the correct spelling.
When she rang IPS, they told her they intentionally do no write first name in the letter for security purpose and that they will correct the title and that any way her passport details will not be affected.
I have not yet received my letter.
Can those who got interview letter clarify if their letter had thr first name?

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: Wrong title on interview letter

Post by jms_uk » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:13 am

sonrak wrote:I applied on 5th Nov through Check and Send, for my wife, 2 kids and myself for British Passport.
Today my wife got the letter to arrange for the interview but the letter did not have her first name and the title of her name was Miss instead of Mrs. The surname has the correct spelling.
When she rang IPS, they told her they intentionally do no write first name in the letter for security purpose and that they will correct the title and that any way her passport details will not be affected.
Just had a look at my letter from couple of months ago, it says:

MR SURNAME
ADDRESS
CITY
POSTCODE

No first name mentioned, although it is clearly written in my passport.

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:57 am

yes no firstname will be mentioned in interview letter.

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 am

I got my interview letter today and as the others mentioned, my first name is not show.

Just called them to try and book the interview and was told their system is down and i shd call back after 3pm today. They expect to be very busy then so if i cant get through I should call tomorrow.

sonrak
Newly Registered

Re: Wrong title on interview letter

Post by sonrak » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:21 pm

sonrak wrote:I applied on 5th Nov through Check and Send, for my wife, 2 kids and myself for British Passport.
Got my kids passport today. That was really fast, all within 6 days.
Now need to book my interview.

helpmepleasee
Newly Registered

Post by helpmepleasee » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:44 pm

from sending my documents to the interview letter and interview, total of 8 days, now that is super quick

well done IPS !!

am lucky i received the interview letter and documents returned today with the passport interview being available tomorrow, that is amazing

but i guess soon everyone will start leaving for xmas holidays so it's better to get things sorted this month

good luck to everyone

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Which office u doing interview?

Mariyeh

Post by Mariyeh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 pm

I have a question regarding the passport application. Do I need to put my grandparents detail on the form??
My parents were born abroad!

it is confusing and I appriciate your help.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:58 pm

You can leave those details out but fill in your Parents details
Mariyeh wrote:I have a question regarding the passport application. Do I need to put my grandparents detail on the form??

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Mariyeh wrote:I have a question regarding the passport application. Do I need to put my grandparents detail on the form??

I had my grand parents details written on a separate sheet of paper just in case but the check and send lady didn't ask for it so application was submitted without it.

mg33
Newly Registered

NCS Tower Hamlets

Post by mg33 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Received my citizenship invitation letter a couple of days ago... called my council (Tower Hamlets) and they said basically "don't call us, we'll call you".

They said they'd automatically send me out a citizenship ceremony date and time, and I have to wait for up to two weeks to receive it.

Anybody else heard about this procedure? I'm not sure I like it!

EDIT: Just called back, got a different person, and I was told over the phone that I'd already been booked in for 20 December, but I could change it if I wanted... I'm now booked in for a group ceremony next Thursday (22nd Nov)! Brilliant!

sainird
Newly Registered

Post by sainird » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi,

Someone got Naturalisation in October 2012 after having ILR on basis of 4year HSMP visa.

British Passport application requirements states to send current uncancelled passport which is gone to HO(as being sponsor) with a family member's case.

Can he apply for British passport without current passport stating the reason above?

Thanks.

tonypetty

Post by tonypetty » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi

Hope some one can help...

is there any number to book passport interview ?

what documents are required for interview?

If one has informed over the phone that interview letter has been dispatch then can one arrange for interview??

KInd Regards

Myb

Post by Myb » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:08 am

Hi everyone

Was anybody refused citizenship due to not having the right referees ?

Thank you

kel
- thin ice -

Post by kel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 pm

tonypetty wrote:Hi

Hope some one can help...

is there any number to book passport interview ?

what documents are required for interview?

If one has informed over the phone that interview letter has been dispatch then can one arrange for interview??

KInd Regards
U hv to wait for the letter. Y the hurry?

U will need to provide a reference number which will be on the letter.

Craziness
Newly Registered

Post by Craziness » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I have my ceremony booked and will apply for the passport soon after the ceremony.

According to the website I cannot send a certified copy of my current passport (which I had done for my naturalisation application) with my passport application and need to send the original.

I wanted to understand when I would receive my original passport back after sending in? Any ideas? Thank you.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 am

Craziness wrote: I wanted to understand when I would receive my original passport back after sending in? Any ideas? Thank you.
Within two weeks.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Craziness wrote:Hi everyone,

I have my ceremony booked and will apply for the passport soon after the ceremony.

According to the website I cannot send a certified copy of my current passport (which I had done for my naturalisation application) with my passport application and need to send the original.

I wanted to understand when I would receive my original passport back after sending in? Any ideas? Thank you.
Normally within 2 weeks of application

Kaveh
Newly Registered

Certificate delay

Post by Kaveh » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:15 pm

I got my approval letter over a month ago, but my council didn't get my certificate until this week, so I couldn't book a ceremony until now.

Apparently, the address of the council had changed and my original certificate had been returned to the home office.

I rang HO and the local council more than 20 times, initially just being told to wait, but finally a kind registrar accepted to contact the ukba who then sent a duplicate certificate this week.

Had I not persevered, I'm not sure how much longer it would have taken to sort it out.

Best of luck to all of you.