ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sidwho2000
Newly Registered

Re: How to check if IPS received your passport application

Post by Sidwho2000 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 am

GoanG wrote:
vinitmanu wrote:
Sidwho2000 wrote:I sent mine passport application via c&s service from post office.how can I check when and if IPS received mine application?
There should be barcode on the top of the receipt to track your application.

I would like to know where to find the bar code too, as I cannot seem to see any on the receipt I was given at the post office - could someone tell me how many numbers or letter this bar code has? as I would also like to know how to know when and if IPS received my application. Many thanks.
Bar code is on application form you sent.Front page of passport application or you can track from receipt given to you by post office staff if you used check&send service.

Rehan Arain

Hi

Post by Rehan Arain » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi,

I Have a question, If some body could help me.

I am invited to Group Ceremony at the Council.

Do we get Citizenship Certificate on the day after taking Oath... or Sent by post at Home address.

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by dolphingirl47 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Rehan Arain wrote:Hi,

I Have a question, If some body could help me.

I am invited to Group Ceremony at the Council.

Do we get Citizenship Certificate on the day after taking Oath... or Sent by post at Home address.
I got mine at my ceremony. After we had done the Oath/Affirmation and the Pledge as a group, every individual was called forward and presented with the Citizenship Certificate and a gift.

Corinna

Rehan Arain

Post by Rehan Arain » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:27 am

Many Thanks Dolphingirl47.

Questa
Newly Registered

Post by Questa » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:25 am

Hi everyone,

My British citizenship application has just ben approved and I'm awaiting the ceremony letter. Of course, I picked up the passport application form already - I'm guessing a lot of successfull applicants will do the same before the ceremony :). Part of the passport form requires one to send a current uncancelled passport. I'm a EU national and only have a national ID card which I used and was accepted for the naturalisation application.

What do I do? Do I just send my national ID card? Perhaps call IPS and enquire? Has anyone been faced with the same issue?

Thanks for your replies.

Questa
Newly Registered

Post by Questa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi everyone,

Anyone with a plausible answer to my question? This will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Questa wrote:Hi everyone,

My British citizenship application has just ben approved and I'm awaiting the ceremony letter. Of course, I picked up the passport application form already - I'm guessing a lot of successfull applicants will do the same before the ceremony :). Part of the passport form requires one to send a current uncancelled passport. I'm a EU national and only have a national ID card which I used and was accepted for the naturalisation application.

What do I do? Do I just send my national ID card? Perhaps call IPS and enquire? Has anyone been faced with the same issue?

Thanks for your replies.

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:38 am

GoanG wrote:
goldridgeg wrote:Had my ceremony today at Hillsborough Castle, in the Throne room - 43 applicants, a record for NI. What a venue, absolutely stunning. Whole thing took 45 mins, and after gave packs including passports applications
Nice to know some Councils do take the time and give out good service, I had a private one and it was appauling, not to mention it took them 8 days to return my call! Thanks for your information. I would have loved to have a group ceremony if I did not have time constraints!
My wife and daughter had their ceremony at Winchester last week (Registry Office). It was a private ceremony because all the dates for public ceremonies were the end of April. It was done very nicely and the Registrar was warm and friendly and my wife felt she was being genuinely welcomed to citizenship.
The daughter is 13yrs old and like all 13 yr olds was unimpressed!!

macgyver

Can I book the ceremony with the ref number on the approval

Post by macgyver » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi there,

I got the approval letter today but it says that I will receive an invitation letter shortly to book an appointment for citizenship ceremony.
I was wondering if I could book the ceremony by quoting the Ref number on the approval letter as there might be a big waiting list for booking the ceremony at Bromley council !! Or may be call the to find out the dates for the ceremony in order to book leave at work

Edit:
Called the to inquire about the earliest date and it is 2rd April. So plenty of time to wait for the invitation letter.

Thank you all

william22
BANNED

Post by william22 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Boring as those threads may seem, it is actually a lot easier to read and get the desired information.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:30 am

Hello All,

Is Approval letter different from invitation letter?

Cheers

the_ilr_boy
Newly Registered

Post by the_ilr_boy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Dhuidrom, unless you are the partner of a British Citizen, you need to wait one year from when you get ILR.

Dondanell
Newly Registered

Post by Dondanell » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Angelica wrote:Hello All,

Cheers
Yes - the invitation letter is sent after the approval and is sent by your local authority as oppose the home office (UKBA)

I got my approval letter on the 26th March (Dated 14th) and I'm still waiting for the invitation. I called too see if they had forgotten about ans me was told to call back if I had not received anything after 4 weeks.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:04 pm

@dondanel

The council staff give inconsistence response to this response.

A senior officer from my Council said that the invitation letter comes from home office.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Angelica wrote:A senior officer from my Council said that the invitation letter comes from home office.
Yes, the invitation letter comes from the HO, about 2 weeks after the "approval" letter. The invitation letter is similar to the "approval" letter but also contains the council's contact details.

You might also receive an invitation from the council about the same time.

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Angelica wrote:Hello All,

Cheers
Hello,

Some people (myself included) received a single combined approval+invitation letter.

Some councils also send a letter when they receive one's certificate and some councils don't. The council where my certificate was sent to, does not write to people (and they did not write to me)
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

Wazza15
Newly Registered

Filling in British Passport Application Form

Post by Wazza15 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi All, my question is do you need to fill in section 4 (Parents details) if you are applying for British passport after attaining naturalisation? Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Filling in British Passport Application Form

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 am

Wazza15 wrote:Hi All, my question is do you need to fill in section 4 (Parents details) if you are applying for British passport after attaining naturalisation? Thanks.
Yes.

A_Thinker
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation for 7 yr residence with ILR

Post by A_Thinker » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,

If your child was born in the UK then you can apply for your child's Naturalisation now- form MN1 under Section 1 (3): birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have
become British citizens.

For yourself- you need to wait for 1 year, latest you can apply is on 11-Sept-2013

dhuidrom wrote:Hi

I m in UK with ILR since 11 Sep 2012. Overall I had lived in UK for 7 and half years. My first entry date was 11 Sep 2005 under student visa for 1 yr, then 1 yr under SEGS visa, 5 year HSMP/Tier1 & finally now under ILR.

Can I and my child apply for Naturalisation in UK now rather than wait for 1 yr after ILR which will be around Sep 2013?

Any information will be very helpful.

thanks
Dhuidrom

kmore97

Old Photo for Passport

Post by kmore97 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi all,
I have taken photos 3 months ago for my Naturalisation application. Now applying for passport - can I use the same photo? The photos are otherwise good except - taken 3 months ago and used in naturalisation application.

Stefhsu27
Newly Registered

Post by Stefhsu27 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:08 pm

A quick question from me:

re. the photo ID which's required to bring for the citizenship ceremony, I suppose that my driving license is fine for this purpose, even though my passport had been used for the BC application ? The reason I asked is because my passport will be sent away for my visa application for somewhere else soon which I don't think will be available before my BC ceremony.

Thanks very much for any help.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Angelica wrote:@dondanel

A senior officer from my Council said that the invitation letter comes from home office.
Based on my experience, as long as the letter from Home Office ( Approval or Invitation ) as a Poll Number at top , that is all you need to book your ceremony with the council. If you call council to book a ceremony they will ask for Date on the letter, Your Details and Address, and the Poll Number. Make it clear to them that you've got the Poll Number on your letter if you have one.
nothing united in United Nation.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Naturalisation for 7 yr residence with ILR

Post by sufferhead » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:34 pm

dhuidrom wrote:Hi

I m in UK with ILR since 11 Sep 2012. Overall I had lived in UK for 7 and half years. My first entry date was 11 Sep 2005 under student visa for 1 yr, then 1 yr under SEGS visa, 5 year HSMP/Tier1 & finally now under ILR.

Can I and my child apply for Naturalisation in UK now rather than wait for 1 yr after ILR which will be around Sep 2013?

Any information will be very helpful.

thanks
Dhuidrom
1. For your child, if born in UK you can apply now otherwise wait till 10/09/2013.
2. For yourself, if you have married a British Citizen since you got your ILR
you can apply now otherwise wait till 10/09/2013 .
My advised is based on my understanding of the legislation other forumist might have different opinion.
nothing united in United Nation.

Dondanell
Newly Registered

Post by Dondanell » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:13 am

sufferhead wrote:
Angelica wrote:@dondanel

Based on my experience, as long as the letter from Home Office ( Approval or Invitation ) as a Poll Number at top , that is all you need to book your ceremony with the council. If you call council to book a ceremony they will ask for Date on the letter, Your Details and Address, and the Poll Number. Make it clear to them that you've got the Poll Number on your letter if you have one.
Hi Sufferhead

That is correct, I called the council again at the beginning of the week to say I had not received an invitation. They took the poll number off the top of my approval form and booked the ceremony for the 17th April. It is a bit annoying because when I called after receiving my approval, I was told to wait 4 weeks and then call back so only 2 weeks wasted.

Thanks for confirming this though for anyone else who is wondering.

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:04 pm

is confirmation letter or approval letter same or different?

syedyasir4
Newly Registered

wife applying british citizenship

Post by syedyasir4 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 pm

can my wife apply british citizenship through AN form . here is the situation:
came to uk as dependent visa tier1 on dec2009.
granted ILR on FEb 2012.
husband granted citizenship certificate in april2013.
in total she has been here for more then 3 years and now im a british citizen can she apply under 3yr rule or she has to wait 5 year in total?
what exactly the rule says? someboday told me that she could have applied BC when i applied for my nationality in march 2013. but i thought she can't apply apply because i wasnt british then