ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed applicant without self assessment form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

silentray

Self employed applicant without self assessment form

Post by silentray » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi All,

I am thinking to apply UK Nationality in September.

I have a question regarding self-employed application. I have started my own business as a sole trader one month ago. Before that, I was full-time employed. By the time of application, I don't have a self assessment form yet because the business has been established for too short. As far as I know, self assessment form is only issued every April. Please correct me if I am wrong.

However, on the form, a self-assessment form is required for self employed applicant.

Can I still make the application? Must I wait until next April when I get my first self-assessment form?

Many thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:56 pm

You can make the application. If you have registered as self-employed with HMRC when the checks are made it will show that you aren't yet due to submit a tax return.

silentray

Post by silentray » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:10 am

Hi

THanks for your reply.

But the form specifies if I am self employed, I have to provide the self assessment form. Should I send my application with a cover letter explaning this?

Have anyone in the same situation before?

Many thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:42 pm

You need to give your payee reference from previous employment, mention in brackets that you are self employed only from the current year. If you have one, give your UTR ref as well.