ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reason for the divorce?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vegeta_2009

reason for the divorce?

Post by vegeta_2009 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:46 pm

hi all,

i am filling out Form AN and just noticed they want to know the reason for why your previous marriage broke down? why do they need to know that, this is completely irrelevant to the application, there are 5 universal reasons as to why a marriage breaks down and if they need to check they can just pull the divorce papers out of the courts!

surely this stuff is prying on people's privacy!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:15 pm

The question doesn't actually ask the reason for the 'divorce'. It asks the reason for the marriage ending. In which case, 'divorce' would be sufficient..with the place and date as per the court divorce decree. Another reason could be 'annulment' for example.

vegeta_2009

Post by vegeta_2009 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Casa wrote:The question doesn't actually ask the reason for the 'divorce'. It asks the reason for the marriage ending. In which case, 'divorce' would be sufficient..with the place and date as per the court divorce decree. Another reason could be 'annulment' for example.
thanks, but it still doesnt make sense, the marriage has ended , Divorce or Annulment doesnt mean much, this is why i thought they actually want the reason the end of marriage...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:47 am

vegeta_2009 wrote:hi all,
i have Permanent Residence stamp which i acquired when i was married to an EEA national, we have now divorced and since i am not an EEA national nor a family member of an EEA national, shall i be ticking 2.4 "Are you an EEA national or a family member of an EEA national" ?

thanks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Boblove
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Re: reason for the divorce?

Post by Boblove » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:56 am

Thanks for helping me as well with this issue.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:27 am

this what i wrote on my application

our marriage has irretrievably broken down.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 am

This thread has been inactive for 6 years :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.