ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying British passport for daughter and help please.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tariqul5000

Applying British passport for daughter and help please.

Post by tariqul5000 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:40 am

here is my position- I was on work permit before now me and my wife got our ILR and we want to apply for our daughter who born in uk and has a birth certificate through application for registration for child under 18 as a British citizen ( form MN1).

But here is the part i have confusion about my daughter born in 2009 and i didn't include her as my dependent on my work permit visa. when i go to apply my ILR my solicitor suggest me not to include her on ILR application. now we (me and my wife got ILR) we want to register our daughter as British citizen but on the form MN1 (1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an
EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should ensure that they
qualify for permanent residence.) did i make anything wrong? is my daughter still alegeable for applying British nationality?

MR. MEHETA or any one please advice me.
thank you.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 am

Please read the questions carefully!

The question you refer to states "Please say if and when ......". So, anyone who did not apply for ILR should leave the question unanswered!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tariqul5000

Post by tariqul5000 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:27 pm

thank you Mr./Ms Mehta.