ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Citizenship as a company director

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

silentray

Applying Citizenship as a company director

Post by silentray » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi

I have a question regarding applying British citizenship.

I am a full time employee until the end of September 2011. Since then, I started my own business (the company is incoporated in early September). I am registered as the director of the new company.

The new company hasn't earn any money yet. I therefore has not paid any income tax as a company director.

I am going to apply for citizenship in the coming few weeks. My questions are:

1. On the form AN, shall I choose I am a Director? or Self-employeed?

2. How can I get my tax office address or reference?

3. Do I need to provide Tax return certificate? (although I don't have one at the moment)

Many thanks...

John

Post by John » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Using your numbering :-
  1. I think "Director" is fine.
  2. Presumably you or your tax adviser has applied to open a PAYE scheme for the new company. But if the PAYE reference for that has not yet been received, just quote the reference from your previous employment. In any case HMRC, or someone such as UKBA accessing the HMRC computer system, can find your tax record using your NI number.
  3. No.
John