ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effects of arrest on citizenship application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

unxepktylwvhl
Newly Registered

Effects of arrest on citizenship application?

Post by unxepktylwvhl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi,

A couple of years ago, I was arrested because my then partner falsely accused me of hitting her (which wasn't the case, on the contrary, she did) and I was arrested for the accusation of common assault.

I was taken to the police station, kept there for some hours and after a medical examination (cause I had hit marks on my body) and interview in presence of a lawyer, I was let go with no caution or changes whatsoever.

The experience itself was excruciating painful for me, never having thought that I'd ever be in a shameful position as I was then (doesn't matter if I was not guilty of anything, going through an episode like that has a profound effect on your life...). Since then, I have not even bothered to look up what information the police might even hold on me...

Anyway, coming back to the subject, I was wondering if this will have any bearing on the good character requirements imposed by the BC requirements? Searching the forum indicates i should not be worried. But one thing that I'd like to know if a CRB check is run as part of the process, in which case that incidence may come up?

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:53 am

You have nothing to worry about and nothing to declare in the application . Even if you had been cautioned (but clearly you weren't) it would be considered as spent immediately with no rehabilitation period being required.

unxepktylwvhl
Newly Registered

Post by unxepktylwvhl » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:52 am

Thank you and have a nice weekend.
Lucapooka wrote:You have nothing to worry about and nothing to declare in the application . Even if you had been cautioned (but clearly you weren't) it would be considered as spent immediately with no rehabilitation period being required.