ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval after 9 months!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sam_London

Approval after 9 months!!

Post by Sam_London » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi guys,

I got my approval on Friday. After nearly 9 months of waiting. No idea why it took that long.

If you ever think your application is taking too long (3-4 months), then think of me and you'll feel so much better! It has been a frustrating nine long months. But its finally over!!

I've hired a lawyer, but that didn't have an impact as a court can only intervene in 18-24 months applications.

I wrote to my MP who wrote them.

If you're waiting, then there is nothing you can do but wait more! Live your life and be positive.

Good luck to all!

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Wow, that would be a painful wait.

Assume you dont think there was anything unusual about your application and even now if you speak to them they dont explain why?

At least you got there in the end, hope our wait isnt anywhere close to that!

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:52 pm

No idea. Pretty straight forward to me. Approval came at the end and they never said why was the delay. If they were unhappy with anything, they would have refused it. No clue at all!

I was fine till it hit the 6th months mark. This is when I hired a lawyer and wrote to my MP.

I really don't wish on anyone to wait or go through what I went through. It has been such an arduous mental journey.

Thanks mate!

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Big congratulations Sam! My husband applied two months before you and we are still waiting, hearing your good news made me feel better. Can you please tell me how did you apply - through NCS or by post?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:03 pm

9 months is long time !!!!
but again reading in this form at least there are couple of people who waited 10 months

still bad

i am reaching my 90th day next week and i am already pi***** off
i can imagin

caling them is not helping as well
so stuck in here and dont know what to do, cant wait and hate to call
:x :x :x

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:14 pm

Goodness me. I thought I was an exceptional case!

I've applied through NCS. Spouse of British Citizen with a 3 year old child. No fines, no trouble with the law or people throughout my whole life.

I've been in the UK for over 3 years when I applied. Maybe it took them a while to do overseas background checks?

My biggest worry was the application being lost or stuck between two departments.

Write to your MP and ask him to write to them. Don't call them, write to them instead. This way it goes into your physical file and it the case worker will be reminded of it.

I think its a matter of reminding them of your application as I assume that when an application passes the 6 months mark, it gets very low priority as it has already fell behind the 6 months target.

I wish you good luck. Its an amazing feeling when you get, especially after 9 months!

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:18 pm

@Blackhole

Don't bother calling them. they won't give you any update under six months. Ignore it. This is what I did. You've got your ILR and no one is going to kick you out of Britain. Enjoy your life and if it comes, it comes. You need to put it behind you and live your life. In some other countries, like Canada, it takes 18 months! But then you can check the status online.

Good luck!

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Sam_London wrote:@Blackhole

Don't bother calling them. they won't give you any update under six months. Ignore it. This is what I did. You've got your ILR and no one is going to kick you out of Britain. Enjoy your life and if it comes, it comes. You need to put it behind you and live your life. In some other countries, like Canada, it takes 18 months! But then you can check the status online.

Good luck!
Hi Sam_London

first I dont believe that there is any overseas checks could be done a part from some EEA ZONE
i think you are right it is just matter of your file was forgotten and your letters from MP or lawyer haver reminded them

about calling them I agree with you, that it is useless but again it releases my stress some times :D
congratulation your approval , you deserve it

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:35 pm

@Sam_london
Jeez!!!Nearly 9 months!

Congratulations :D :D :D

@Camellia,
I pray and hope you get a positive decision soon. No one should be put thru this long wait. See you MP ASAP to write to UKBA!

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 pm

just not sure what to believe. Different updates when I call. Was told last week,that there was no record of me applying though I received 2 acknowledge letter at d same time when the fee was taken.
Yesterday,it was no details on the system
Called again today,and was told still awaiting a case file and an acknowledge letter was only sent yesterday after money was taken.
Just confused with the updates. Is it that they do not want to give updates again or just problem for me..

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 am

masha.ketu wrote:just not sure what to believe. Different updates when I call. Was told last week,that there was no record of me applying though I received 2 acknowledge letter at d same time when the fee was taken.
Yesterday,it was no details on the system
Called again today,and was told still awaiting a case file and an acknowledge letter was only sent yesterday after money was taken.
Just confused with the updates. Is it that they do not want to give updates again or just problem for me..
shouldnt be any problem for you mate

it is them who are in big big mess, seriously i started to believe that they have no idea what they are talking about.

from i remember here one of the members back on Aug has called the and they told him that his application still on the Q ; next day he received the magic envelope

how strange is that

tehranlondon
Newly Registered

Post by tehranlondon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Sam,
Congratulations.
Just wondered what country you are Originally from, as I was told that mine may take longer due to the fact I did National Service in my country of origin!

vegeta_2009

Post by vegeta_2009 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 pm

i am past the 3 months mark which i presume spells trouble.

let's try and figure this out, i have no criminal records or any other trouble whatsoever, there must something in common between us all that is delaying the application.

could it be:

country you're from?
previous martial status?

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Sam, that's interesting, my husband also applied through NCS as a spouse of BC. Anyway you can relax now and apply for the passport :) Good luck!

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 am

@Camellia: I really hope you'll get an answer soon. The wait is terrible and I sympathise with you. Good look and hopefully you'll hear soon from them. Try to contact your MP. If you need a good lawyer, I can pass you the details of mine, but he's very expensive.

@vegeta_2009: You should relax. 3 months is very normal. Its only when you pass your 5th into the 6th month's that it could mean a longer wait. The delay could be anything, but I firmly believe that your origin does make the case different. Westerners (Europeans, Americans, Australians, etc) get it in 6-8 weeks usually- unless there is something unusual. I know an Italian guy who waited 7 months, and the only unusual thing was that he has changed his name. So clearly that requires more checks by the HO.

@Tehranlondon: I was born in the Middle East but was raised all over the world (Far East, Europe etc). I think being a Middle Eastern could flag some concern for them, which is understandable.

They are protecting our borders at the end of the day so I was happy to wait. I just didn't like the ambiguity and the way the Call Centre staff treated me, dismissive and short. They should be able to estimate how many checks they need done and base their timeline accordingly, which gives applicants some comfort, these applicants are future citizens after all and being short and vague to them is not the best way to welcome them into such a great nation :) I am very proud being British- God save our Queen :)

John

Post by John » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:10 am

I am very proud being British
Not quite! You will not be British until the moment at your Citizenship Ceremony that your Certificate of Naturalisation is handed to you.

So a little while to wait. Once you have your Certificate of Naturalisation you will be able to apply for a British Passport.
John

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 am

John wrote:
Not quite! You will not be British until the moment at your Citizenship Ceremony that your Certificate of Naturalisation is handed to you.

So a little while to wait. Once you have your Certificate of Naturalisation you will be able to apply for a British Passport.
From Sam_London application time, posted on Naturalisation application processing timelines (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=260), I would definetly say he is British as he took his citizenship ceremony on 30 January 2012.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi John,

Oscar is right. I had a private ceremony on Monday. So, I am British ;)

Cheers

oscar22 wrote:
John wrote:

From Sam_London application time, posted on Naturalisation application processing timelines (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=260), I would definetly say he is British as he took his citizenship ceremony on 30 January 2012.

John

Post by John » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 pm

I had a private ceremony on Monday. So, I am British
Thanks for the correction, British Citizen!

If you are not already on the Electoral Roll, that is action you now need to take. This website .... About My Vote .... will assist.
John

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:17 pm

You're always forthcoming to help others :)

cheers, bud.
John wrote:
I had a private ceremony on Monday. So, I am British
Thanks for the correction, British Citizen!

If you are not already on the Electoral Roll, that is action you now need to take. This website .... About My Vote .... will assist.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Finally after a long wait of 11 months my husband received his approval. Don't know why it took so long, but we got it in the end and that's all that matters.

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Camellia wrote:Finally after a long wait of 11 months my husband received his approval. Don't know why it took so long, but we got it in the end and that's all that matters.

Congratulations. :D :D Why UKBA put you and your husband thru is beyond what most people have endured. You had patience and I am finally happy to see that you got approval. You deserve this. Enjoy the day.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Thank you Oscar22 :)

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:47 am

Camellia

Have you found out why it took all this time?

any complications, records/ what so ever?

have a good day

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Camellia wrote:Finally after a long wait of 11 months my husband received his approval. Don't know why it took so long, but we got it in the end and that's all that matters.
Congrats Camellia. This is really a good news. Give me congrats to your husband as well.